15 - Daydream

♠𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡♠

I broke our deal. I agreed to forget every single thing about that trip, forget it even happened. But I can't.

Every time I look at her I remember her sitting on my lap, that smile she gave me when she learned Natalia taught me to dance, that tattoo she has, the tattoo she said I wouldn't find.

I can't even forget everything she said. The small things. The ones that didn't really even matter.

But at least I haven't said anything. She hasn't either and I'm convinced she forgot about it.

Aaliyah laughs as she tosses my door open. "I did it!" She boasts as she waltzes in, shutting the door behind her. "I found the email." She beams.

My nose scrunches in confusion. "What email?"

"Thee email." She smiles. She says it like I'll automatically know what it is.

"What email?" I ask again, shaking my head.

Aaliyah frowns. "The one from Mr. Jenson." She mumbles.

"The one with the schedule attached to it?" I ask. She smiles and nods. "I've had that. He emailed me it." I inform.

Aaliyah's mouth falls. "What?!" She yelps. "I've been refreshing for days!" She crosses her arms over her chest.

I glance to the side before meeting her eyes again. "I've had it." I repeat, shrugging.

Aaliyah sighs. "Well, I feel stupid." She grumbles. She suddenly drops her shoulders and groans. "I also left your jacket." She sighs. "I'll bring it tomorrow. Promise." She assures me for something I'm not worried about. "Um...there's a rumor.." She mumbles.

"What have I told you about rumors?" I groan. She's always so caught up in what people are saying in the office.

Aaliyah sighs. "Not to believe them." I just nod in response. "I have work to do." She announces. She heads for the door, waving goodbye at me as she leaves the room.

__________

ఌ𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑ఌ

Maya smiles at me when I walk back over to the desk. "Well? Is it true or not?" She smiles.

I can only shrug in response. "No idea. He didn't say anything about it." I pout. He dismissed me.

There's a rumor going around that Mr. Reyes is leaving. The job in Philadelphia seems to be leaning towards him instead of Mr. Liam and Mr. Reyes might accept it and leave the office.

I had to know if this was true. I had to. So, I found a random email I knew wasn't missing so I could go in and ask him about it. He didn't really seem to care about either the rumor or the email.

I gained no insight.

Maya huffs. "Aren't you guys having sex? You can't just ask him?" She bluntly questions.

I frown. "We're not doing that, Maya." I insist. "Stop saying that." I cross my arms.

Maya scoffs. "Aaliyah. He fixed your chair for you." She flatly reminds me, as if that would change anything. She uses Alex's kind manner against me like it would automatically mean we're sleeping together.