41 - Clingy

♠𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡♠

I quietly groan, hearing my alarm blare loudly on the nightstand. I have to be quick to reach over and turn it off before it manages to wake Aaliyah up.

I have to wake up earlier than she does for work. She said it was fine if my alarm woke her up one of these days, but I try not to let it wake her up.

Quietly, I start to get out of bed. I freeze when I hear her groan. "Alex," She whines.

I cringe a little. "I'm sorry, baby." I apologize for waking her and lean over to kiss her forehead. She keeps her eyes closed but her eyebrows are pushed together and she frowns. "Go back to bed." I softly order, turning away from her to start to side the rest of the way out of bed.

Aaliyah huffs and grabs my arm, making me pause for a second to look back at her. She squints her eyes open and looks at me. "Stay," She demands, still half asleep as she sits up.

I huff out a quiet chuckle. "I can't stay, Aaliyah. I have to go to work." I speak quietly so I hopefully won't wake her up more than I already have. She can still lay down and easily fall back asleep.

Aaliyah shakes her head and leans forward, wrapping her arms around my shoulders, hugging me from behind. She tugs me back a little and rests her head on my shoulder. "You can miss a day." She mumbles, voice muffled by my shirt. "Stay with me, Alex," She softly orders, turning her head to kiss the spot under my ear softly.

I hum, leaning into her unintentionally. "Tempting." I mumble.

Aaliyah huffs out a frustrated breath and moves one of her hands to the side of my face, turning my face to the left. She catches my lips in hers, kissing me deeply. She kisses me multiple times, zealous. When she pulls away she looks at me, more awake than before. "Stay with me," She demands again, trying to tug me down further into bed.

I groan. "I have meetings. Things to do today, mi alma." I remind. "I can't stay with you. I want to, but I can't." I tell her. I pull away from her grasp and get off the bed. Aaliyah frowns up at me, staying down on the bed. "I'll make it up to you after work." I promise. "We can eat at that burger place you like." I add, leaning down to peck her lips one more time.

As soon as my lips connect with hers, her hands come up to cup my face with both hands. She pulls me closer and—surprisingly—slips her tongue in my mouth. She kisses me deeply and I don't even attempt to pull away.

I need to go but I can't bring myself to pull away. I suspect she knows that too because she keeps deepening the kiss and I start to realize she's pulling me down. She's pulling me onto the bed.

My hands have come to rest on either side of her torso to balance myself above her. I've gotten back on the bed, my knees between her legs that have spread to make room for me.

I hum and force myself to pull away. "Aaliyah," I warn as I get off the bed again. Aaliyah frowns at me, sad. "I promise I'll do whatever you want after work, but I really have to go." I breathe. I will never forgive myself for pulling away so quickly for a stupid fucking job.

Aaliyah pouts at me, watching me move around the room as I get ready. I disappear into the shower, but she still pouts at me when I emerge.

I feel like a dick as I force myself to ignore her. If I look at her, I'll give in.

"You take the day off." I suggest, keeping my eyes downcast on my wrist as I put my watch on. "Take the day off and I'll be home later tonight. We can watch anything you want, we can have what you want for dinner, we can do whatever you want." I offer, finally looking up to meet her eyes.