22 - Loud

♠𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡♠

"Keep your fucking mouths shut before you wake her up." I scowl at the four of them. They all stop what they're doing to look over at me.

Eli's eyes go a little wide and he smiles. "She's here?" He excitedly asks. He's practically bouncing with joy. It's pathetic.

Will nudges him. "Girls don't like desperate guys." He adds another thing to the 'Girls don't like' list. I'm pretty sure half of it isn't even true.

Eli scrunches his nose up at Will. "I don't want her to like me like that." He grumbles. "She's Alex's girl." He waves him off carelessly and casually.

My girl.

Eli pushes Will away from him when he tries saying something. "I'm going to go get her. Maybe she's awake and is just nervous to get up." Eli suggests as he walks out of the kitchen.

That's a possibility. She threw a pillow at me so she wouldn't have to go alone.

She doesn't think I know that.

It takes a total two seconds for us to hear Eli's horrified screams from down the hall followed by Lucifer barking like crazy. "Alex! Alex! Call him!" Eli yelps, sprinting back into the hall and out of the bedroom. Lucifer follows closely behind, standing his ground as he barks and bares his teeth mercilessly.

They're not used to him reacting like that. I suspect he likes them too much to really bark at them. Though, he's never taken an order from any of them. Somehow, he knows all of their orders are stupid and doesn't listen.

He chases Eli all the way into the kitchen, stopping in the doorway while Eli seeks cover behind James. "Down, Lucifer." I flatly order, bored of this already. Lucifer ignores my order and doesn't stop, barking at the five of us. "Lucifer," I warn.

He doesn't stop. He barks at us one last time as a warning before turning and hurrying back down the hall to Aaliyah.

"What is the matter with him?" Eli pouts, rubbing his arm where I assume Lucifer bit him. It's red and seems to be bleeding a little so I know he definitely bit him. It's his own fault.

I shake my head. "Dunno," I wanted him to be scary, but not to me. He needs to bark and not listen to the others.

"I'll get him." Will announces. He's always had too much confidence for his own good. Brave motherfucker, but stupid.

We all watch Will turn the corner and leave the kitchen. Within seconds, he's being chased down the hall like Eli was, screaming. "Get away from me, you devil!" He screams, running over to hide behind Lucas.

"Get away from me." Lucas scoffs, attempting to push him away. Will holds onto his shoulder for dear life.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Enough, Lucifer. We're going to get a noise complaint." I warn him, stepping towards him. Lucifer jumps at me, nearly biting me.

"Holy shit," Eli gasps. "He never tries to bite you." He looks at me. I stare down at Lucifer, confused. Eli is right, he's never tried to bite me. In the six years I've had this dog, he's never tried to bite me once.

What the fuck happened?

Maybe he's finally getting back at me for putting a timer on his food bowl. I knew he would, it was only a matter of time.

"What's going on?" Aaliyah quietly asks as she walks up behind Lucifer. My heart skips a beat at the sight of her. Not only is she in my clothes and still half asleep, but she's right behind Lucifer who seems to have had enough of us all.