35 - Home

♠𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡♠

I feel my heart speed up a little when I open the door and Aaliyah is there waiting for me. She's always here now and she's always home when I get home.

It feels nice to have her here like this. No matter how much she complains about feeling bad for just living here without a job. She doesn't seem to care when I assure her she can just live here without a job. She says she needs something to do so I leave her be about it for the most part.

Aaliyah laughs and clings onto my torso. She looks up at me with a wide smile. "I reorganized." She proudly announces.

Since she doesn't have anything to do all day, she likes to reorganize our apartment. Which basically means she spends all day planning and then tugging the furniture across the room in all different directions.

I frown. "I thought we agreed you wouldn't do that while you're home alone." She doesn't care that she could get hurt by moving all of that by herself here.

"I forgot." Aaliyah lies right to my face. She didn't forget, she just doesn't care. "Come, come," She orders, grabbing my hand. She interlaces our fingers and pulls me along down the hall.

She leads me to our room and I can already see what she did.

The bed has been moved to the complete opposite wall. She moved the dresser in the place the bed used to be and the bed in the place dresser used to be.

"Holy shit, Aaliyah. I had to get Lucas to help me move that thing." I scoff, looking over at her. She's so small and yet, can move something I had to have help with clean across the goddamn room.

There aren't even any drag marks on the hard wood floor. She was careful.

Aaliyah smiles. "I know! I had him come over and move it for me. He ended up bringing the others so they did everything." She assures me.

Of course they did. "You did that on your own." I announce, pointing to the bookshelf in a different corner of the room than when I left for work this morning.

Aaliyah frowns. "How can you tell?"

"It's straighter than the desk and the bed." I shrug. She's a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to reorganizing. Of course, she couldn't care less with other stuff, but she must get the reorganizing right. Just how she pictured it or it frustrates her.

She's odd, but I suppose I love her anyway.

Aaliyah shrugs it off. "Whatever." She dismisses. "I have a job for you." She smiles, rushing back out of the room.

"What is it?" I quietly yawn as I follow her. I do my best to stifle it as to not let her hear it. I'm admittedly a little tired. Today wasn't a very good day. But Aaliyah would feel bad if I told her that.

"Okay, so, Eli took me to the store, right?" Aaliyah begins. She walks into the living room so I drop down on the couch next to Lucifer, glancing at him for any signs that she may just show me a new puppy.

He doesn't look amused so I assume it's nothing extravagant.

Aaliyah smiles and grabs two boxes, dropping them on the coffee table. I look at them. One is a pretty good sized kennel for Lucifer and the other seems to be a rectangular lamp shelf thing. "So..." Aaliyah trials off, hinting that she'd like me to do this. "We could watch a movie while putting these together after dinner." Aaliyah quickly adds, smiling at me still.

I nod. "Okay." I agree. "What do we have for dinner?" I sigh as I get off the couch.

"I made macaroni and cheese." Aaliyah informs as she follows me to the kitchen.