44 - Epilogue

♠𝙰𝚕𝚎𝚡♠

"Lucifer," I scold, narrowing my eyes at him. Lucifer gets out his playful position and looks at me. He huffs like he's frustrated. "Get away from her, man." I scoff.

Aaliyah giggles. "He just wants to play." She reasons, giving her head a little shake.

I huff, leaning down to pick Elaina up from her spot on the ground so Lucifer can't get to her. "You need to learn to be more careful." I grumble, holding her up in the air. She giggles, reaching down for me.

He's pretty careful with her already, but still. Sometimes I think he forgets she isn't indestructible.

I walk over to drop down on the couch with Aaliyah. "You love Lucy, don't you, babe?" Aaliyah murmurs, leaning on my shoulder to look at Elaina, our girl.

Elaina begins to babble things that aren't exactly English. Aaliyah says she looks like me, her hair curls a little at the ends like mine do. I think she has Aaliyah's eyes, the same big brown and whimsical eyes. "¿Puedes decir papá, mija?" I question, asking her if she can call me dad. She's not too young, Aaliyah's mom said one year old babies can say a couple of words.

Aaliyah hums. "Or, what about mama? You like mama instead, mm?" She teases, lightly pinching at Elaina's belly. She starts to giggle in response, squirming around on my lap.

I never thought I'd be humming lullabies or picking out the 'cutest' baby clothes at the store on a regular basis, but here we are.

Luckily, the other guys are in just as deep as I am. Pretty much every time they come over they have something for her, most of it is bright pink. They come around so much more often too, just excited to see the baby. I don't blame them, I come home the same way, excited to see my girls.

Aaliyah gasps. "Okay, so, check out what we were working on earlier." She smiles as she gently takes Elaina off my lap. She lowers herself onto the floor by the coffee table, standing Elaina up. Elaina's hands rest on the surface of the coffee table, she giggles and starts lifting her hands then dropping them back down on the wood, finding hitting her palms on the coffee table amusing.

I nod. "Wow, that's great." Aaliyah gives me a little smile, rolling her eyes.

"Go to dad," Aaliyah orders, giving Elaina a soft nudge. Elaina stands there for a second before beginning to make her way to me, holding onto the coffee table still.

I gasp, holding my hands out for her. "Oh, hey! Look at you," I chuckle quietly, catching her as she stumbles on over to me. "How long you been workin' on that?" I question, bouncing my leg a little to get her to laugh. She laughs like she always does when I do it.

Aaliyah groans, staying on the ground. "We've been working on it for months, Alex." She whines. I just give her a little smile. "The guys tried to help her too." She adds with a fond smile.

I chuckle and look around. "Where's Jerry?" I question. I've been home for almost an hour, I haven't seen him.

Aaliyah sighs. "I was waiting for you to get home." She grumbles as she gets off the floor. I hum and get up too, taking Elaina with me.

Aaliyah leads me to the kitchen and reaches up to open the highest cabinet above the microwave. I watch a light grey tail swipe out of view. "Jerry?" I question.

"I don't know if he's stuck or hiding, but he's up there and won't get down." Aaliyah scoffs, reaching over to gently take Elaina away. Elaina giggles at the sight of Jerry. She loves him but he doesn't like her grabby hands that much.

Groaning, I reach up and grab Jerry, ignoring his cry of protest as I pull him down. "It's not safe up there, dude." I tell him as I hold him to my chest, closing the cabinet above. Elaina reaches for Jerry and I frown a little as I pull him away, hating to say no to her. "He doesn't want it, Elaina. No lo quiere." I tell her, setting Jerry down on the ground. Jerry sprints away immediately.