7 - Excited

ఌ𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑ఌ

"Stop bouncing." Mr. Reyes flatly demands.

I just laugh. "I can't! I've never been on a plane before, much less first class." I beam up at him, he glares back down at me.

I wasn't expecting to be in first class, mainly because I can't afford that, but Mr. Reyes told me it was on him since I'm going with him. I felt a little bad accepting this since he not only drove me to the restaurant, but he chipped in on the payment too. I didn't think it was fair but he simply told me to shut up and pack so I didn't have much of a choice.

"Keep your voice down." He orders. We walk forward in line, he puts his hand on my upper back and gently pushes me over to stand in front of him. I hand the woman my ticket, he does the same.

"Why aren't you excited?" I whisper now, realizing I might be bothering other people.

"Keep walking." The hand on my upper back gently guides me to continue on. "Maybe I'd be more excited if we were going somewhere exciting. And maybe if I didn't have to sit next to your annoying ass for six and a half hours." He grumbles.

I gasp. "You're breaking your own rule a lot."

"This isn't a work place now, is it?"

He guides me to our seats. He lets me have the window seat which just excites me even more. I try looking out the window, it's six in the evening and the sun is slowly beginning to go down, there's not much to see, but it's still exciting.

"Hey, a tv." I smile, gesturing to the little screen attached to the back of the head rest of chair in front of me. Mr. Reyes has one too. I look at him but he seems to have tuned me out, reading a book he brought.

How rude.

"Mr. Reyes," I whisper. "Hey," I bring my voice to a bit of a louder whisper just to mess with him.

"I will get your seat moved." He gives me a side glare when he looks at me. I'm not that annoying.

"Okay, okay," I surrender quickly, not wanting to sit alone. That's embarrassing and lonely.

"Alex." He reminds me, looking back at his book to tune me out. I suppose I might actually be that annoying.

I sigh and slouch in my seat a little, staring at the turned off light above my head. "What are they like?" I ask him.

Mr. Reyes sighs, grabbing his book mark and sliding it in his book. "My parents or everyone?" He asks.

"Mm..everyone." I decide. Mr. Reyes groans which makes me laugh. "Start with your parents though." I turn in my seat a little to face him as much as possible.

Mr. Reyes glances behind me and at the window before meeting my eyes again. "My mom is sweet." He begins. "My dad literally could not care less. The most he'll do is say hi to you."

"Oh my gosh, he's like you."

"Don't ever say that again." He cringes. I just laugh. "Uh..my brother. You already know he's the oldest. He's got that...big brother energy, you know?" I smile at him, nodding. "He'll try to look out for you even though he knows absolutely nothing about you." He adds with a roll of his eyes.

"Aww, sweet." I murmur, smiling a little at the thought. I miss my brother.

He shakes his head. "No. Not sweet. It's annoying." He grumbles, glaring at me for even saying.

"Who else?" I coax, moving onto the next family member.

"My sister." He moves on. "She's the youngest and acts like it. She's twenty-three and still doesn't seem to know when to cut the jokes out." He rolls his eyes. "But she'll be nice to you. She's going to want to be your best friend."