8 - Tattoo

ఌ𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑ఌ

I wake up to sunshine directly in my eyes and chatter in the next room. Something smells really good. It makes my stomach growl.

I slowly get up, peeking over the bed and at Alex. He's sleeping on his stomach with his head turned away from me. I can only assume he's asleep.

Great, so now I get to sit here and smell delicious food in the other room and I can't do nothing about it.

I guess I could just go out there and figure it out myself, but I think I'd rather die than do all that.

I reach down and grab one of Alex's pillows that he isn't using. Quickly, I throw it at his head then lay back down, hiding under the blanket.

This is a little mean, but I'm hungry.

"What the f.." Alex grumbles. His voice is a little deeper than normal and he kind of slurs his words. I definitely just woke him up.

I prepare myself for an amazing performance.

I roll over, slowly opening my eyes and yawning. I squint at him, acting as tired as possible. He sits up and looks at me. "Hi," I yawn.

"Morning." He mumbles. Alex stares at the pillow I threw at his head, looking a little confused.

I sit up and stretch. "Something smells good." I point out.

Alex nods and stands up. He stretches before walking into the joint bathroom, leaving the door open as he begins to brush his teeth. I join him in the bathroom to do the same.

When I first started working for him, I didn't think I'd be able to have actual conversations with him much less stand next to him while we brush our teeth in the bathroom.

This is weird..

When we're finished, he goes back into the main room. "Coming?" He asks as he leaves the room.

I'm quick to get up and hurry after him, slipping on a pair of my light brown bear slippers I got for Christmas. "That sounds like a lot of people.." I point out as he leads me through the house.

"You'll be fine." Alex assures me.

He leads the way to the kitchen. I count six people in there. An older woman, older man, two other men. And two other women.

The older woman notices us first. She smiles, sweet and soft. "Alex," She smiles at Alex. She slowly walks over to us, pulling Alex into a hug. "Mira lo grande que te has vuelto." She speaks to him in Spanish as she pulls away from the hug. She looks at me, titling her head with curiosity. "¿Quién es este?"

Alex puts his arm around me, his hand resting on my waist. "Este es Aaliyah. Mi novia." Alex says.

I have no idea what they're saying, but I heard my name so I assume he's introducing me. I smile and do a little wave, glancing around the room at everyone who's eyes all are now on Alex and I.

I am so glad I decided to wake him up instead of going by myself.

"Ay, qué bonito." She smiles at me. I smile because I think she just called me pretty.

"Aaliyah, this is my grandma, Isabel." Alex introduces the woman. He starts to go around, gesturing to different people in the room as he introduces them.

His grandma is named Isabel, his grandpa, Javier, his mom's name is Carmen, his dad's Roberto, and his brother and his bride, Manuel and Mia.

I recite the names multiple times in my head so hopefully I don't forget any.