38 - Date Night

ఌ𝙰𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚢𝚊𝚑ఌ

Alex leans against the doorframe of the bathroom, watching me through the mirror as I put my earrings in. There's a certain glint in his eye as he watches me switch ears. "Hi." I eventually decide to greet him, quietly laughing.

"Hi." Alex greets me back, still watching me through the mirror. "Have I told you you're the most beautiful girl in the world?" He quietly asks, his eyes tracing up and down my figure.

I lift a shoulder. "Once or twice." I casually hum, trying to hide how happy his simple comment makes me.

Alex hums and comes a little closer, slowly wrapping his arms around my waist. I gasp when he suddenly tugs me backwards, my back flush against his front. "How about how much I love you? Have I told you how much I love you?" He asks, craning his neck down to be right at my neck.

I watch him through the mirror, watching him turn his head to start kissing up my neck. "You tell me every day," I whisper, watching him closely. His hand slowly slides up my waist, right at my ribs. The tip of his finger barely grazes the underside of my boob.

We're supposed to be getting ready.

I hum. "Alex," I call, quietly laughing. "C'mon, we'll miss our reservation." I reach my hand back to run my hands through his hair, softly scratching his scalp.

Alex groans, not moving his face from my neck. "So, let's miss it." He mumbles against my skin. "We can have fun right here instead." He quietly suggests, turning his head slightly to look back at me in the mirror.

I smile. "Nice try." I pull my hand away from him. Alex huffs, but he pulls away too and lets me go. "Come on, honey." I beckon as I walk around him to get out of the bathroom. Alex sighs, but he follows me. "Get in your room, sweetie." I call to Lucifer.

Lucifer comes running along with me, happily bouncing into his room. Alex sighs. "You used to be so disciplined." He mumbles.

"He still is." I laugh, shutting the little cage door behind Lucifer. "He's more playful now." I shrug, turning back to Alex. "It's not a bad thing." I smile. "Bye, Jerry baby!" I call out as Alex opens the door.

Jerry doesn't always say goodbye, but that's okay. He loves me.

I think.

__________

Alex watches me from across the table. "What?" I finally ask him, raising my fists like I'll fight him.

Alex isn't fazed, I do it all the time when he stares at me. "Nothing." He dismisses me like he always does. I dramatically roll my eyes and act like I'm mad at him which earns me a little smile.

I huff, crossing my arms. "How would you feel if I stared at you like that this whole time and not give you an explanation as to why?" I question.

Alex shrugs. "Special." He simply answers.

I sigh and think about it. "Yeah, I guess I feel special right about now." I mumble, staring down at the table.

I quickly perk up when the woman who took our orders, Liliana, slides our plates in front of us. I thank her which earns me a smile as she walks off.

I open my mouth to spit out some sort of random thing off the top of my head, but I stop myself when I hear a woman behind Alex and I harshly scoff. "Enough with those excuses, Sam." She grumbles. "You and I both know what you did with Laura." She reasons.