Chapter 3: Rescued?

The sound of the infected rushing in was overwhelming. Causing my feet's and hand to tremble as I saw them all.
However, if I was going to go down, I was going to go down trimming as much of this man eaters as much as possible.

As the first one came, I took a sidestep and sliced his body into half which caught me off-guard. The blade was indeed really sharp. I felt like I could survive. If I was careful.

The next came and it's body got dismembered very easily. And as more came in, I sliced them down once they got close. Some spat at me which I avoided and some jumped at me which again caught me at a surprise. But some how I was still standing, but my strength and stamina was fading.

"Fuck... I don't think I can last longer..."I said as I remembered the grenade I had with me.

I pulled it out and pulled the trigger before tossing it towards the group of infected. After a few seconds, it blew up giving me a clear path to run out.

Without thinking , I ran for the exit only to get knocked back by a giant hand.
I crashed into the nearby building, hard.
I felt like my bones had broken which to be fair some might have already. I spat out the blood that formed in my mouth and looked up to see what tossed me aside. It was a giant infected. A very massive one.
If I could remember well, it was called Colossal arm. Due to the massive muscle reinforced hands he had. Strong enough to break down stone gates. Event reinforced stones.

I held my tummy as I got up. Holding the blade in hand as my blood drips down my mouth.
So this was how I was going to die. I haven't even killed the infected bride that took my fathers life...

I heard him scream and took multiple back steps as other infected ran into the compound as well.
Now I was really cornered.. like a rat inside the den of cats. I was going to die here.

Just as I was about give up hope. The sound of metallic blades and gunshots brought it back.
Looking up, I saw a military helicopter raining down bullets on the infected. I quickly( and weakly) took cover behind a massive stone as the infected grunted and groaned as they got massacred.
The giant mutant however wasn't going down easily. It grabbed a massive rock and attempted to throw it at the helicopter but the helicopter shot a missile at it which caused it to blow up in his face.

It bounced back and collapsed on the floor where I had now made my way towards. With the blade in my hand, I rose it up and smirked.

"....pay back time...." I said as I brought down the massive blade on its neck which sliced it off cleanly.

I crashed on the ground right after, bleeding out as my visions became more and more blurry. I could faintly hear the sound of the chopper descending towards me and a ladder coming down with someone as well.
Just as my vision vanished, I got a glimpse of a male who tried speaking but all I could hear was gibberish as my consciousness faded off.

What felt like hours passed by and soon my vision returned.
I slowly opened my eyes as I found myself inside what looked like a room with a bed which I was laying down on.
I groaned gently as I sat up, holding my head a bit before noticing the bandages wrapped around my tummy.
The pain was gone though. But I could still see the cuts when I pulled on the bandage.
   "Ugh...."I groaned gently before looking to my left.

"Your finally awake." A feminine voice came from the direction I faced. Sitting down was a blonde female with a pigtail hairstyle. Two small bangs at the side of her head as a warm smile followed.

  "Don't worry... I won't hurt you.
Also sick blade. That's a very powerful weapon you got your hands on." She replied as I noticed I held the blade beside me tightly.
Reaction habits.