Chapter 10: Redemption

...I slowly loose myself
Sometimes...

-AuthorI

************************************

Happy birthday to me 🥺♥️

************************************

Tears ran down my eyes as I couldn't believe who it was. My hands trembled in shock as I took another step back.

  "C....cas...sei...."

She held her waist gently as she looked at me when someone in an injured state ran towards her. It was Tougz. He was wounded badly, not as bad as what I did to Cassei though
He held Cassei gently before looking at me as his expression changed to disbelief.

   "...No way..." he said as I covered my mouth; still in shock

I couldn't move. What had I done? I nearly killed the people who helped me in the past. Hell I already killed a lot of people at this place and even stabbed Cassei
  Just then, a wave of pain shot through my body as volley of bullets connected with my back. I groaned in pain as I crashed down on one knee before
I turned around to see the idiots who shot me and growled at them as Cassei shouted for me to not attack.

I didn't listen,

I rose my hand up as five vines shot out of the ground and pierced them straight in the chests before five more grew out and pierced their hearts.
My infected eye glowed brightly as I growled in annoyance before Cassei held my hand.
I turned to her, my eyes shimmering in with the moon light as she stared at me with worry. I yanked my hand out from her and jumped away, back to The first roof I was on earlier as the other revenats joined me.

    I was frustrated. Frustrated with myself. Had I lost my path to humanity once I joined the infected horde? How could I have lost sight of salvation so easily....
Seraph places his left hand on my shoulder as I looked up to him. They all weren't badly injured, only some cuts, holes and bruises. But I could see the worry in their eyes. They were concerned. Not about themselves, but about me.

   I looked down to my bloody hand and saw a device in my grasp. Did Cassei give me this as I jumped away? It looked like a tracker. I looked down at her as she was still on her knees. Tears in her eyes as she called my name and reached out to me. Tougz knelt down beside her and held her back with how weak he was. I held the device tighter, frustration and regret building up

   "......we.... leave......NOW!" I grunted as I screamed loudly; calling off the assault. The remaining infected growled before running out the way they came in. Including mother who was a bloody mess but was still as strong as ever.

  Once everyone left, the other revenants jumped away as I stared down at Cassei with tears in my eyes while holding my bleeding hand before turning around and jumping off. The last thing I heard was her crying as tougz tried to calm her down as I bit my lip in frustration.
I couldn't face her... I couldn't face them... not after all I had done. At least not now. I had lost myself to the infected for 4 years.

Now, after seeing her,  I felt like I wanted redemption for it. To think I'd run into her here.

   Hours had passed and the sun was slowly rising again, the infected who returned with us began to sleep or just aimlessly roam about. Mother gently held me as I cuddle up gently thinking about what had happened.
I could see again. Not colors of living things anymore. I could see the rotten flesh of the infected beside me. And mother, her gown was stained with blood.
  The Revenants were sleeping now, getting healed by the vines that Vira had grown here. They needed it anyway.