Chapter 12: Camp Bound

My eyes slid open as my vision slowly came into focus. I found myself inside a wooden cabin on a soft white mattress; My silver hair blowing to the side as I sat up before scanning the area. It looked like the cabin I was in the first time I arrived at their camp. I smiled a bit as the memory slowly flooded in.
Admittedly, I missed this place. I missed being with them. Even if it was only for a few hours then, They felt like my family.

  Pushing myself out of bed, I walked towards one of the windows and stared outside. The sky here seemed more pretty than in the wild. Probably because I never had the chance to relax and just look at it.

   "Finally awake?" A familiar voice called out. It was Grr.

   I nodded gently as she walked into the cabin and towards me as she hugged me. A tight hug. A hug of relief..
She pulled back before smiling a bit as she asked me to sit before grabbing a brush to comb my silver hair.
   Within the past four years, my hair had grown out. It was a bit messy, granted I never cared about my look while I roamed the streets. Even now I still didn't. But Grr seemed to be enjoying it. It must be reminding her of her little sister. I couldn't help but frown a bit from that though.

    "....I'd love to hear about... well... all this.....all of us would to be honest. We've never seen an infected like yo- Ah sorry. A human turned infected still be conscious....."
Everything she said was way longer but what I could figure out was just that

As she brushed my hair, I looked outside the window before forcing my self to speak a word.

  "...c...can't... Words..." I managed to say as I grunted in frustration thereafter.

Grr stopped brushing my hair before dropping the brush as she stood in front of me.
Her sea blue eyes softly stared at me as she grabbed a nearby chair and sat down infront of me.

   "....YOU not speaking properly might be really frustrating...." she said as I heaved a sigh before watching the flower on my shoulder bloom gently as spores slowly flew out.
I felt strengthened instantly it did, making me breath in and out slowly as Grr stared at her hands while she glowed gently.
She closed her palm and opened it back multiple times before looking at me.

  "Wow... that felt... great! I feel strong and healthy." She said as I blinked back.

The spores work for humans? That was a rather fascinating discovery. I stared at her gently as her body stopped glowing for a bit while her eyes glittered in excitement before shaking her head gently before looking at me.

  "Anyway... what I wanted to say, since you are here.... uh... can you stay with us for a bit?" She asked with a small plea.

I looked down gently when she asked before she held my hand. Her hands felt warm and soft. Compared to my cold and brittle hand. I looked at her before heaving a sigh as I nodded in agreement.

   I decided to stay; Hiding from most of the citizens in the camp. I did get some food and water from them though... even though the tastes were reduced for being half undead. From time to time, I did require corpse to eat which to be fair, they weren't comfortable with. So sometimes I'd sneak out to find myself a feast. I promised myself not to harm any citizens of bound. But never mercenaries or people from hope 101. After all, I hated that place now.

    The upside from it was the fact Cassei and the rest helped me with my English. It took a while. 4 months at most since I could learn things very quickly.
So after that, I could speak a lot better.

   Right now I was sitting at the helipad, staring down at the citizens that moved up and about as my left eye glowed gently. It's been 4 months. I needed to get back home. Just got a bit at least.

   It wasn't long before Ada came up and sat beside me. As well as another person named Eddie. He was someone I met 2 months ago. He at first didn't take the fact of me being an infected lightly but we've gotten to a better understanding now.

He currently wore a white suit like outfit with a rose on it. I rose a brow, curious to the attire. Ada wore a sort of beach surfer clothing. Weird because there was no beach nearby unless she just came back from santopy. And then again, that place was crowded with zombies most of the time.

"How you holding up Soulen?" Eddie asked as I tilted my head to the side in thought.

"...better... I guess.. " I replied as Ada placed a hand on my shoulder.

I had replaced the nightrunner outfit to a yellow baggy hoodie. The name of the outfit was.. street punk? Or something like that. But it did make me a bit.... noticeable.

" I might have to leave here soon for a while..." I said as Ada looked taken-aback. "Hey. I said just for a while.."

"Well, I understand you have your reason. You should let the others know." Eddie said as he placed on hand in his pocket, looking down at me.

Ada who was sitting beside me smiled and nodded in agreement with him as I heaved a sigh. And so after a few minutes, everyone was gathered inside the cabin.
Well. Actual, it was only Tougz, Sohan, Grr, Ada, Eddie and Gin. Another person I met who is actually Grr's husband

She introduced me to him a month ago which to be fair got him freaked out. But after a while, we seem cool.
Quote "seem". I still felt like he wasn't sure about me. And he doesn't speak English every times.
It was a bit funny since I somehow understood what he was saying but pretended not to. Funny and hurtful in all honesty since he says some stuffs about me. But I of course didn't blame him. Who would trust a half infected anyway?

Once they all gathered at the cabin, I sat down on the bed and heaved a sigh before telling them my story.

I told them everything. Everything from when I managed to escape hope 101. My death, my dream about meeting my dad. My resurrection. Meeting the tree that caused my transformation. My creations which were seraph and the rest as well as what I could remember after joining the horde which was mainly death, killing and feasting.
It was a gruesome tale at that point. I could visibly see the worry and disgust in their face. Especially Sohan and tougz.
Tougz gaze on me was.... concerning. He was someone I was always wary with. And even after 4 years and some months now, I still felt that way.

Grr covered her Mouth in shock while Cassei and Ada held their forehead as they seems to be in thought. Sohan and Gin looked to each other.

"That's um.... eh... quite disturbing little Sis..." Grr said. She had resorted to calling me little sis or sister now.

"Yeah well.... " I started before heaving a sigh gently.

"Well, I feel sorry for... the people you've killed as well as the pain you've gone through." Cassei said as Sohan rubbed his chin.

"My concern is the church you spoke of. We haven't really seen or met them but we have heard stories of them." He said as tougz nodded in agreement.

"And of course, they weren't always pretty to hear." Tougz added as Khalem barged in; panting quite quickly.

"We have *huff* .... a problem....*huff*" he said in between breaths as I got up.

What was going on now....