Chapter 15: Resolve

(Long chapter...I might also take a break from writing. Experience of writers block and also feeling a bit..... uhh... I just wanna be by myself for a bit I guess.......)

*************************************

My breathing was getting heavier as I growled with each long leaps I took. I was running. Running from Camp bound all the way to hope 101. I dodged the trees and rocks as I made my way to the city; ignoring the infected as they didn't cause me problems anyway. Well the normal ones didn't.

Soon enough I arrived at the entrance, The giant metal gate looming over me. My ears perked as I heard voices causing me to quickly jump into the nearest bush. Two Heavily armed survivors passed the gate discussing about the commotion that was happening around Redwood town. That would be a place I was gonna have to visit soon.

I ran all the way here cause Tougz was summoned by the mayor. And for some odd reason, I ran all the way here just to watch him.. was I a stalker or was I just worried he would rat me out....
Why did he make behave like this anyway... it was frustrating.. then again, I didn't understand what I was feeling.

   Gently I jumped over the wall and hid behind the nearest building before peeping my head out a bit to scan the area. It was crowded and busy. It was also bright so the mayor wouldn't be in his office. Now the question was where could he be?

   My left eyes glowed gently as the image of Tougz entered my mind. What was going on?
I used my left hand to cover my eyes as I concentrated on the image. It wasn't long before my point of view zoomed out as I had an Ariel view of the whole town. I nearly tripped at this. A shocking new experience from being a Revenant. This made me conclude that there was more to being a revenant than all I know.

  My breathing quickened, my hair glowing as I looked around the city before a marker appeared. It lead to the back of the mayor building. Was that where tougz was? My eyes stopped glowing and my vision returned to normal.

   "Woah...." I exclaimed as I fell back down on my butt gently. That was really surprising.
I quickly got up before jumping on the roof after activating my stolen infected ability. I jumped from building to building before I finally arrived at the mayor rooftop. It was quite large. Actually huge. I went to the edge of the roof and peaked down to see two male individuals facing each other.
One looked chubbier which made me conclude was the mayor. The other was tougz.

   My hearing senses increased a bit as my flower boomed and I slowly listened to their conversation.

    "You aren't answering my question Tougz. Explain to me what happened at the hunter base that caused even the leader to have second thoughts on our alliance." The mayor said in his crusty voice. Sounded like he had something stuck in his throat.

   Tougz seemed to have heaved a sigh as he stared at the Mayor. His dark red hair blowing back a his platinum armor shimmered gently.

   "like I say multiple times, the attack was unexpected. But also seemed coordinated. Apparently the...." his voice broke as he said that. He must have nearly said something that he would regret probably...

  "......special infected was smarter. Smart enough to coordinate attacks. I only saw the figure for a brief minutes but it looked really advanced..." he said holding his chin as the mayor heaved a small smith and crossed his arms.

   "... alright then. We will keep an eye out of this... special infected. Do you have any description of how it looks?" The mayor asked as he shook his head. A sigh of relief leaving my lips as I held the edge of the roof more.