Chapter 9: Memories...

..Long chapter inbound..

How long has it been? 3 years? Or was it 4? I've probably lost count of the years that passed now that I became a revenant.
Between those years were not something I could forget. My humanity had been brought down to 10%. I was more of an infected in terms of behavior now. Even my revenants as well. They followed me with pure loyalty and whatever path I chose, they don't question.

The infected bride whom I so much wanted to kill. Began treating me as her daughter..

it was...

...weird.

Granted I still want to rip her head off for killing someone important to me. But the urgency to do it had diminished. Now I move towards her like a child in the comfort of her mother's care. And care does she do.

It was shocking to see an infected take care of something. But I did say not all of them were stupid and dumb.
It was a warm feeling for being half dead...
The mutant that I met four years ago, the one with the giant mallet had become a revenant.

After I gained the trust of all the infected that followed the bride, the one with the mallet for some reason decided to follow me. I ended up changing him and bestowed hI'm the name fenir.

   Apparently it had a son as well which was a story for another time to explain.
The child he had was already infected so I turned him to a revenant as well and gave him the name Harold.
Now there was Harold, Fenir, Seraph, Vira and Zandof. The first five Revenants changed from being infected.

We were all gathered at what looked like an abandoned restaurant. We weren't staying for long though, there was a place we were heading for. But the sun was rising and most of the infected were slowly falling asleep. So a rest became inevitable. Most of the followed infected had already fallen asleep where they stood as I dragged myself from the entrance of the restaurant to a nearby couch and sat down.
The other revenants went to random parts of the restaurant and just collapsed. Some engaging in small convos since they couldn't really talk.
Along the years, I had gotten better gear and weapon for them. Seraph wore a white long jacket now. His silver hair blowing gently. He, Vira and zandolf were looking more human now than last time.
All three of them held a katana. Seraph has two with him though, he seemed to have a thing for long katanas.
Fenir weapon had been changed to a giant reinforced club and he wore a helmet-like accessory on his face to shield it.
Harold was still using his claws though but he had managed to make them sharper and longer, and his speed was better.
Vira could control the vines now. She was more connected to the tree to be able to use the vines like I could. While Zandof could control the bones and flesh at his back, causing them to form wings or sharp weapons to attack with.
I had evolved a bit as well. Not as much as them though; seeing as they were merely infected who became revenants and are inclined to evolution as they kill. But it was obvious I was also evolving, only slowly.

I wondered why.

Aside from the fact I could use infected and mutants abilities, I could also use the abilities of my revenants. Specially, Seraph, Zandof and Vira. Actually Vira copied my ability to control the vines which I could already do.
It was interesting, Revenants as a whole and the mysteries that came with it. Slowly lying down on the couch, I closed my eyes as my mind drifted off into a long, old and vague memory.

It wasn't long till I found myself in a town; A place looking very familiar. But I couldn't pin my thoughts on it. I looked down to my hands and saw blood. It wasn't mine. It looked like the blood of the people I killed.
I moved forward slowly as I saw dead corpses on the ground. I couldn't see the bodies anymore, they all were highlighted red in my eyes. Like how I've been seeing it for the past three years. Aside my revenants, humans were red, the infected were light blue. My revenants I could see very clearly, and mutants were between the color green to orange. Green as a new friendly mutant and orange as a mutant I liked but still wanted to kill. That is my fake mother; the infected bride.