Chapter 28: Scientia's Revelation

My eyes slowly slid open as a small yawn escaped my lips. i felt warm despite the fact my skin was cold to touch. What was giving such warmth was tougz who was cuddling me as he slept gently. A smile slowly formed as I pushed myself out of his grasp and sat upright.
The bed sheets rolled off my naked body as I stretched a bit before looking outside. The sun was out, or rather sunrise. I pushed myself off the bed before looking around tougz room and to be honest, It was rather cozy. I grabbed his red robe before wearing it as I walked towards the balcony. Once I approached the rails, I leaned down and smiled a bit; the beautiful scenery of the sunrise basking me. It's been a while I relaxed like this... or had an form of relaxations as good as this. And with all my emotions back, I felt more human than infected.

  Strange to think years had past since she was stuck in that make-shit house in the city before meeting Cassei and her camp members. And to love one of them.

    "....what to do.." I asked myself as I heaved a sigh.

The question was based on mother and my way forward. I could continue to gain power by turning more corpses to revenants. That or start making humans revenant which I actually didn't want to do just yet. I needed to fully understand my abilities and that meant diving further in the tree's subspace of knowledge.

   There was this question that had been bothering me since mother appeared though. How and when did she change? What caused it exactly. It looked very similar to mine but I didn't see any flowers unless the position of it was somewhere else. My head slowly ached from the thinking before i finally heaved a sigh and stopped wondering. I stared out into the horizon before the voice of tougz snapped me back. 

"Looks like someone's up early.." he said softly into my ear as he hugged me from behind. a small smile creeped up as I leaned into him more, snuggling. 

    " Yeah just thinking..." i admitted as he patted me gently before kissing my neck. 

"on what if i may ask?" 

     "what to do next. aside from returning to the hive. im not sure.... " i said as he hugged me more.

"well.... you could go to Mount Snow. Scientia are set up there and its been a while you checked on your own body with Mrs Alice." he suggested as i pondered on it. he did have a good point. its been months since i met up with Alice. 

     "True...maybe i will. anyway we should get dressed. i need to start going" i said as i tried to push myself out. he grabbed me closer and kissed my neck causing a shiver to travel up my spine.

"There's no rush though....how about we have a bit of fun before you go.." he whispered into my ear as he pulled the robe of me.

     "T-Tougz...wait..." I whispered out as my mind slowly went blank from his touch.

************************************

   After what felt like forever, we were finally out the house and on our way to the camp's centre. Out hands locked together; a small smile was still stuck on my face as I leaned on him while we walked.
Once the fountain came into view, 4 humanoid figures slowly came into view as they mumbled about something.

   "Hmm? Oh? Look who finally decided to show up." Cassei said with a small smirk as tougz growled gently.

      "If you of all people are gonna start coming up my ass for being late don't bother shorty." He said as Cassei just scoffed before leaning on Sohan.

   "Hey soulen. Enjoy your night?" Grr asked as I nodded gently. She smiled before leaning towards me.

'I was on my way earlier to come get you but um....you seemed..."busy" ....' She whispered as I instantly tensed up and a small blush formed.