Chapter 6: New beginning

"I've long forgotten the right path to salvation....."

-Author

*************************************

Revenant...
A person who has returned from death... it was a bizarre idea being brought back as an half infected. But the reality was true. I was the first Revenant ever to be brought back to life.

Actually, now that I think about it... does the miracles of being brought back to life also count as the person being a revenant? Hmm no that wouldn't make sense. Those where brought back through divine salvation. Mine was from an anomaly. So the term Revenant would fit my case more than the initial.
I heaved a sigh as I retracted my hand before sitting down at the foot of the tree.
What was I going to do now? I couldn't return back to the camp for two major reasons. Firstly hope 101 would be on alert at the camp if I ever return that is if they think I survived.

Secondly, I'm no longer really human. That alone would pull up a red flag on hostility.
I groaned out in frustration before the vines of the tree came towards me and wrapped around me. Was it comforting me? This tree had a mind of its own and to be fair. I was in awe almost every time it did something new.

Smiling a bit, I turned towards it and reached out to the flower that bloomed and returned me to the mind-space of knowledge.
After a few minutes, I was back to reality but with a new curious information.
As the first, I could turn others into Revenants. That being said, the most successful must be if they are willing and are either ready to die or are at the verge of death.
There was also something else... I could make revenants from infected as well.
But they would need something to work with it. A corpse?

As knowledgeable as the tree is. It intentionally kept most of its guides a secret; forcing the user to decipher it by them self. Hmph. It wants to be entertained. Or just to keep the user busy instead of them knowing everything on the get-go.

"....corpse.... Find.... where...?" I grunted out.

Just as I was thinking of where to go, the vines on the ground erupted and surrounded me yet again.
Within 5 seconds, I had arrived at a new location back at the surface.
It was a village. A village with members in a sort of hood like-attire. Where they the church?

The church were a group of people that even after the world got run over by infected still grow with the believe of God. They helped those they could and sacrifice themselves a lot for the safety of others or the Church in whole.
However their methods where a bit.... unfriendly at times.
Unlike in the past where churches and whatnot wouldn't result to violence, this particular so called church organization were different.
Killing then infected I understand
But also, in quote, "punishing the sinful" with bullets or a whip wasn't what I could call holy. It was that particular behavior I didn't like about them.
I crouched gently, wondering why the tree brought me here until I saw a group of villagers being tied up.
Curious, I ran towards a nearby building and jumped up. I landed on the roof and without getting noticed, I gently listened.
  My human knowledge had been reduced. I couldn't understand everything they were saying anymore. Was this part of the consequences of being half infected?
From what I could gather, they were blamed for having sinful souls and working with a certain mercenary. They were also infected as well.
  A woman in a priest like outfit said a few words of prayer as the other members of the church got their spears ready.
  Two males and one female. The female pleaded with tears in her eyes as the other males grunted and tried to free themselves. It was horrible to watch but...

I felt no emotion...

Why...?

Was it because I was now half infected? That would make sense since zombies don't care about anything. But did I really loose all my emotions or did I loose most of the important ones...

  After the prayer was done. She ordered for their execution and they were pierced instantly. I watched as the light in their eyes died out and their heads hung down motionless.
Now was the time

I stood upright and grunted gently as they all looked at me. My blade now in my hand as I stared down at them. They took a few steps back. Eyes wide from seeing me. Obviously I'm something new to them.

The vines wrapped around my free arm as it dropped three seeds which I took after looking at it then returning to the priests gaze.

   "What..... That!?" She said. Or at least what I believe she said.

As they pointed their weapons at me. I tossed the seeds towards the three dead corpse which they thought was a bomb. They took a step back as the seed erupted and wrapped the corpse in a thick vine. They tried pulling at it but it didn't budge. The priestess returned her gaze at me as I smirked gently, the grown spore flower on my right shoulder glowing brightly as I forced myself to speak. It wasn't easy, i struggled with my words.. grunting gently while staring at them but eventually the words flew out.

   "S....see.... y...as" I struggled

"...See....ya...later...." I said finally before turning around as the vines erupted around me and wrapped me. Taking both me and the three corpse back to the cave.
Just as it wrapped around me I Could here the priestess shout out for me to wait. But I was already gone.

  Back at the cave, I looked towards the tree and smiled gently before grunting out a thank you. I turned to the three corpse on the floor as I crouched and thought what to do.
Time for a little experiment.
Grabbing a flower pot, I sliced the head of the female corpse and pulled out her brain before putting it inside the pit and crushing it till it formed a liquid. The vines of the tree grew closer to me as its flower bloomed and the nectar from it poured into the pot. I mixed it together as it formed a dark crimson color. The liquid sparked with a blue light as I grabbed the heart from her chest.

   Once I did so, I walked towards one of the infected that had followed me here and struck the heart into it. That caused it to wake up. Once it opened its mouth I poured the liquid inside it's mouth and forced it to swallow.
  It didn't take long for it to start working. I watched as the infected growled and snarled, twitching and shaking as it collapsed to the ground. I watched with no emotion; no smile or frown. Just a plain expression. I gently went towards it as my infected eye glowed blue brightly.

   "...Be.....Reborn....." I grunted out as the vines grew around it and covered it up like a cocoon.
And with that I did the same thing to the other two before walking towards the foot of the tree minutes later and sat down, staring at the three cocoons smirking gently as I waited..

.....A New Era is dawning.....

.
.
.

...With me as it's Queen...