Chapter 14: Breather.

It was the next day now. Everyone wasn't in top notch after yesterday's incident with the mayor. To be honest, everyone was gloomy.

   I sat upright from my bed before walking towards the window and stared out into the streets. No one was on the pathway this time. It seems empty... I heaved a sigh before thinking of visiting my revenants again. And this time I concluded on going.
    Grr and Cassei came to visit me once again before pointing out something. I didn't necessarily smell. But I haven't taken a shower in over 4 years. It was.... weird. Firstly, it did rain from time to time so the blood smell I had from all the killing had gone. Secondly, infected didn't shower normally. And since being half dead half alive, I never really bothered about it. My skin was pale and dirty to begin with. I doubt it could get any cleaner and brighter.

   They still insisted on my having a shower which I did in the end. I shivered gently at the cold water that fell on my skin while staring at the shower handle as my mind raced in thought. I groaned a bit, the infection growing in before subsiding as it fought with me human side for control. This was due to my thoughts on the mayor.
   I shook my head gently before turning off the water and stepping out of the shower.

  Few minutes later, I changed back to my clothings, came out of the shower room and hugged both Grr and Cassei as I made my way back to the treetop of where I first reunite with them.

   Once I finally made it there, I turned to the camp and smiled a bit before the vines wrapped around me and I was back at the tree.
   Upon arriving, I was greeted by a warm touch on my shoulder. It was Seraph. Looking around, the others were there as well. Seraph, Vira and Zandof looked even more human now. Their skin color was much more brighter than mine. Seraph looked way too handsome; looking like a rip off character for final fantasy or something like that. Vira was also beautiful. Zandolf towered over me and patted me gently like little sister. I pouted  gently before smiling as they all lined up and bowed gently at me.

    "Welcome home Queen Soulen..." they all said as I nodded gently.

  For the next few minutes, I asked them what had happened.
Apparently after I left, the horde kept on moving. And as a result, kept on killing. Eventually the horde size reduced. This was the queue for them to return to the Corolla which they did. And ever since then, they waited for me.
  Seraph had been titled the snow monkey by some of the survivors which he seemed to like. He also had gotten an ability which granted him that title. I was curious to see but decided not to ask. I wonder what it was though.

    It was my turn to tell them of my own story for the past month which I did. Once I was done. They nodded gently before smiling a bit. Next I kept my knowledge of the English language into the tree and passed it to each of them once I told them to interact with it. Finally, they could speak better now. The tree really surprises me every time.

   "It feels good to speak in the worldwide knowledge again..." Vira said as I smiled at her.

     "Yes it is... I may have to return to the humans again." I said as they looked at me before nodding In understanding.

  "However... Serpah and Zandolf. I'll need you two to tag along with me" I said as they bowed in agreement.

      "Vira. I'll need you here along with Harold and fenir. I have an assignment for you three." I told them as they rose their brow.

   So I explained to them what they needed to do. I needed them to watch over the church for a bit. They were good people but their ways were not always....good... I needed to know more about them. As of right now, I was in the dark mist of their activities.

  With that, I wave a farewell to the remaining three as the vines wrapped around Seraph, Zandof and I as we appeared back at the tree near the camp.

  We made our way down and met up with Cassei, Grr, Khalem and Sohan where they seem to be discussing about something. With a troubled look.

   "You guys okay..?" I asked as my voice caught their attention.

"Yeah. Just something ca- oh my..." Cassei and Grr stared up at Zandof and Seraph as their cheeks turned scarlet.

    Sohan noticed this and exchanged gazed between Cassei and Seraph before stepping infront of Cassei and frowning.
    "What's with that face...?" Sohan asked as Cassei snapped back to reality. She smiled uneasily as Sohan heaved a sigh.

   "Well... to be fair, he is way hotter than you." Grr pointed out as Cassei blushed again. Sohan looked like he was about to burst a vein as he opened his mouth to say something but held it back.

    "Screw this... I'm out of here." Sohan said as he stormed off as Cassei stared at him with a small frown.

"....I screwed up... I'll be back. Eh...hehe... nice meeting you two... um... Sohan!! Babe wait up!" She said as she ran after Sohan.

  I smiled a bit. I didn't mean for this to happen but seeing Sohan jealous was not something you see everyday. Grr slapped her cheeks gently before looking towards me. She was trying her best not to stare at the two males behind me.

    "So um.... Sis..? Who are they?" She asked as I shrugged gently before she pouted. I giggled gently before turning to both of them as they bowed.

"My creations... my loyal servants you could say." I said as I hugged both of them at once before pulling back.
     "And my make shift family that has been with me through-out my journey." I said as I turned to face her.

   "Oh... so they are the ones you told us about." She pointed out as I nodded in agreement.

"Btw nii-Chan... before I came, you two seemed concerned about something." I asked as her smile changed to a small frown.

   "Oh that. Remember the mayor? He summoned for tougz... apparently it's a talk about a special infected with one blue eye and a flower on its shoulder... in other words... you."

My eyes widened in shock as I bit my bottom lip gently. I hated the mayor that was one thing. But I was also a bit afraid of tougz. Would he betray the camp and talk about me being here? I didn't like this... not one bit.

  I needed to go see what was going on... and fast...