Chapter 18: disbelief

The news was confusing. Firstly why would the infected gather at a newly formed mutant? Something else didn't add up. They were mindless unless something smart enough could command them. For example, when I was still with the horde they eventually obeyed everything I said.

  "A new mutant? Have you seen what it is?" Cassei asked, her blond messy hair blowing to the side a bit.

"Not quite. The infected are a lot in the location. There is also the fact the new mutant is supposedly in a cocoon like state. It's covered in blue goo and Seems to be pulsing." She said as she held her chin as I held my left arm.

   "A cocoon state huh... I'm now interested with this." I said as she looked up to me with a smile.

     "Well if that's all, I'd like to ask, can we have a place to stay... change and uh... shower?" Grr pointed out as Sohan, tougz, and Cassei nodded in agreement.

    Few minutes passed and everyone else had returned to the military camp tent that had been given to them. Everyone excluding me.
I stayed back in Mrs Alice's office. Mrs as she wore a wedding ring that I noticed later on.

My revenants went towards a nearby sitting area in her lab and gently slept off. Either in a standing position or on the couch.

I stood near her however as she examined me with something. My clothing's were off this time since she wanted a good view on the flower and my body.

"A-amazing! I've never seen anything like this before." She said in excitement as she stormed away tying something on her system before turning to face me.

"Your blood stream is mixed with both mutant blood and human blood. But the color remains blue like that d an infected. And I'm guessing the flower growing from your left shoulder is what's keeping your mind at bay."
She said as she pushed her glasses up.

She was smart. Really smart. It took me a while to figure that out myself but she figured it within seconds. My expression was still blank. A normal expression to me now.
I stood there as she examined the flowers roots mixed in with my veins as it stretched down my left arm and a bit below my back. I could see this with the giant mirror infront of me.

"Could you describe how you were before this happened?" She asked as I nodded gently.

"I was a crimson redhead... fair skinned... forgotten my eye color though..." I pointed out as she nodded again.

"I can tell you are wondering how I changed..?" I asked as she stood upright and nodded gently.

I heaved a sigh but decided to tell her the whole story. Minutes passed now and her once excited expression changed to pity and sadness. I shook my head gently as I walked towards the patient bed and laid on it.

"It's fine... it's in the past now so I don't really think of it as much" I said as she holds her left hand

"Still... that experience alone would have been traumatizing for me.." she admitted as I smiled a bit.

"For someone like me... who lost her mum as a child and her father to a mutant infected... dying was what I was secretly hoping for... so I could escape this hellhole." I said as I looked up tot the lab light that Shawn on my face.

"And yet... I've been given this gift.. or a curse who knows." I said with a small laugh. "Anyway what do you want to do?"
I asked as she composed herself before coming towards me.

"I just need a blood sample to study. You'd probably come back from time to time but don't worry, I won't make it as much so you won't feel uncomfortable."