chapter 26: A change in era

"Phew! This feels awesome!' Grr exclaimed as she looked at herself. Her eyes shinning gently with excitement as she stretched.

she moved towards us and picked up my sword which she used to cut off our restrictions. Once she did that, she helped me off smiling gently as I stared at her relieved.

   "It worked.....I'm so happy it didn't backfire." I said as she smiled more.

  "It's gonna take more than that to keep me down." She said confidently as I chuckled gently.

      "Grelda??" A voice called out behind us. It was Lena who was holding her left arm, her face was bloody and she looked like she would collapse any minute.

"Zandolf, vira and seraph. Protect them." I ordered as the three of them nodded in unison before leaving my side.

    ".....I have no idea what you did...but I won't be allowing any of you leave here alive." Mother said with irritation which caused us to shift our view to her.

  Her wounds had already healed up and her eyes were glowing a bit brighter.

      "Hey. We never did have a girls hangout." Grr said as I blinked before smiling.

I tossed her my blade which sha caught with ease before rasing my left arm. It wasn't long before a blade landed in my grip. I held it tightly as I turned to seraph who nodded gently as he tended to Lena and the others.

   "It's time for a little dance" I said growling; shifting my left foot further back as I got ready to charge.
Grr did the same as mother growled then roared loudly.

    "INSIGNIFICANT FLIES!!" Mother bellows as we charged towards her.

  With on leap, we had closed the distance by half as her claws grew out more. Our blades came in contact with her; her growls being heard as she held her ground from the impact.
Once she got her footing, she pushed us back causing us to fly backwards.
Once we landed, she rose her left hand causing the ground beneath us to tremble.

   "Dodge!" I shouted as we jumped out of the way. A bunch of tree roots shot out from beneath us before descending back into the ground.

   Her next attack was a ball of concentrated infectious liquid into her mouth which she shot out from her mouth like a beam.
My acrobatics skills kicked in as I jumped, twirled and did multiple cartwheels to avoid it before ducking behind part of the blown up helicopter to take cover.
  It wasn't long before I heard my sister scream as she ran towards mother. With each swing,other countered it with her claws, keeping them at a stalemate of blocking and attacking. At one point it looked like Grr was pushing mother back., The other it seemed mother was having the advantage. But in the end, they were just stuck blocking and attacking till mother smirked. In that instance, a vine shot out of the ground and pierced grrs arm before mother kicked her back. She came crashing to the helicopter I was taking cover from.

  "Tch...oh...that...doesn't hurt as much as I thought it would." Grr said realizing the pain had immediately gone.

  I jumped out and landed infront of her before smiling a bit as I helped her up

     "If we keep fighting, it will take us too long to finish this battle..." I admitted as grr stared At mother who  was growling and snarling. Was she loosing control of her own body?

  "We should be able to push her back and toss some explosives on her then leave" She said as I raised a brow.

It wasn't until now I noticed we weren't near the helipad again but some distance away from the helipad. I nodded in agreement before she looked at her hand.

    "I can see a purple like spore near me." She said as I blinked shocked.

She stretched towards it and the spore entered her, her eyes glowing purple.

  "Huh...I seem to be able to do something now...how is that...--"

    "Argh!!!" Mother roared as she charged towards us.

"Just follow my lead!" I shouted as I ran infront of her and collided my blade with her sword.

This caused mother to be propelled backward since she leaped towards us first.

   "Right" grr replied as she ran past me and swung her blade.

   Mother reacted faster and blocked her attack before attempting a swing at her, she jumped back which gave way for me to punch mother from her jaw up. An uppercut like those comics I read.
   Mother staggered back as grr followed up with a slash at her chest. She howled gently but we gave her no time to rest, I moved past grr and slashed as well causing mother to take a step further back.

  Soon it was a dance of blades; a series of slashes coming from both Grr and I as we pushed mother back. We kept moving and slashing, our arms slowly aching from the constant swinging until we got her where we wanted her. After grr gave her the last slash, I vaulted over her before giving mother a dropkick to the face. She crashed down into the ground groaning as I stretched. My hands out. Just then, four vines shot out of the ground and wrapped around mother as grr growled and rose her hand.

With the ability she stole, four tree roots shot out of the floor before crashing down on mother piercing her skin and keeping her in place.
We jumped back together only to notice grr throwing in 4 grenades. It exploded instantly as a lowd howl followed while grr jumped back and pulled me along.

    "She won't be coming for us after this..." I said as Grr nodded before we made our way back to the others.

   Few minutes passed now but eventually we emerged out if the forest and found ourselves back at thee helipad. We ran towards Seraph and the others as Grr went on her knees near Lena.
She was passed out. Not surprised due to the loss of blood but vira was still healing them.

   "...it's not safe here.. let's bring them to our home. You'll have to come with us too sis. You no longer are human. So please. Will you come?" I said as I looked at her.

She stared down at Lena then at herself, observing her pale skin then touched the flower on her shoulder. She heaved a sigh, perhaps accepting the fact she can't stay freely alone now and nodded at request.
I smiled a bit before closing my eyes as the vines emerged out of the ground and wrapped around us, taking us back home.

************************************
I keep apologizing and it's becoming annoying even for me.
Sorry, went to aunt's place and there wasn't service for the whole two weeks I was there...

Got back home yesterday and fell sick. But sickness or not, I still wanted to post this chapter. I'll try to post the others in the coming days. So I do apologize.