Chapter 20: Mayor

Corolla...: Connection with host lost...
Searching for the next temporary host...

....

.........

..............

.....!!

.....Temporary host found...

...Commencing Temporary link...

*************************************

The loud roar shook the ground as I covered my ears from her terrifying battle cry.

   "Cassei!? What the fuck is up with this infected?!" Shariq shouted as I bit my bottom lip.

  Because of his stupid and reckless actions, Soulen has gone angry or maybe even rouge... it seems like it to be honest.

   It wasn't long till I felt something crawling up my feet. Looking down, I saw the vines that had shot out from the ground wrap gently; pulsing like a heartbeat before retracting back to the ground. What was that all about?

     I returned my gaze to Soulen who growled angrily at Shariq as she clenched her fist tightly, almost turning it more pale than it already was.

  Shariq being an idiot yet again, pulled out his electric arc assault rifle. And began spraying bullets. The bullets raced towards Soulen and she instantly began dodging them.

  I couldn't believe it. Where she stood, her body seemed to be giving off afterimages as she dodged each of the volleys of bullets.

    "What the hell!!" Shariq exclaimed as he stopped shooting and took multiple steps backwards.

Just then, Soulen eyes glowed a bit brighter as her frown turned into a menacing smile. Without thinking, I ran towards Shariq and jumped into his front.
I instantly saw her appear infront of me an punched me right as I blocked; knocking both Shariq and I flying backwards.

  We crashed on the ground; rolling a bit before finally coming to a halt.
I weakly pushes myself up as I held the part of my Hand she had punched. It was painful...like hell, my hand was clearly vibrating from the impact and shock.
   I returned my gaze at Soulen and saw her laughing like a psychopath while she held her head, vines sprouting from the ground and slamming down on the nearby objects and items; destroying or cracking it.

   Just then, a beeping sound could be heard and it was coming from my pocket. It was the item Mrs Alice gave me before we let.

    Before we left, Mrs Alice called me aside and had a few conversations with me concerning Soulen. She then gave me a device that was able to keep track of Soulen's growth and infection rate. She asked me to keep an eye on her and check on it whenever I needed to.

  Pulling the device from my pocket, I stared down at it while Shariq and Soulen continued their brawl.
  It was beeping loudly as I stared down at it before clicking the red button at the very bottom. Once clicked, a series f texts began to appear.

  ~Warning! Warning! Subject 00 infection rate is elevated and growing rapidly as well~

  ~Warning! Subject 00 is evolving.~