Chapter 17: discovery...?

(Longer chapters from now on....)

(Enjoy...)

************************************

"Papa..? Do you think the world will be beautiful again?" I asked my dad as I slowly pulled at the bottom of his shirt.

He looked down at me and smiled, cuddling me close as I nuzzled in more before looking into the distance of the ruined city.

"I hope so pumpkin... I miss watching my Favourite T.V show. Or that sweet pancake down the street" he said as I laughed cutely with my tiny voice.

"Don't worry to much on it alright kiddo? You're still 5 years of age. I'll protect you till the end." He said with a warm smile as I stared up to him.

A small smile emerged on my face as I snuggled closer to him before staring into the distorted city. Minutes passed quickly and it wasn't long before I heard the sound of a helicopter. I looked up and stared at it before standing up and walking towards the edge of the cliff as it flew by.

"Ohhh a helicopter!" I squealed in excitement before the helicopter suddenly had an explosion. It was falling. Swirling around and rolling as it flew down.

I was scared when that happened and turned to meet the comfort of my father only to realize he wasn't there.

"P-Papa? Papa!!!" I called out to him and no reply was made. My eyes teared up as I called out to him yet again but no reply followed.

The sound of the helicopter was louder now, I turned around only to see it falling towards me. Struck by fear, I fell down on my butt, staring right at it; tears flowing down my cheeks as it quickly flew towards me.

"P-papa!!! Help!!" I shouted as the helicopter came crashing down and an explosion erupted....

....waking me back to reality....

———————————-??

With a heavy intake of air, my eyes slid open as my breathing quickened. My body ached and the pain coming from my tummy wasn't helping at all.
My right arm was broken and dislocated, my right eye bleeding out while multiple burnt marks and bruises were over my body.

I slowly pushed myself up the muddy ground; spitting out the blue blood that formed in my mouth as I looked and observed my surroundings. it didn't take long before I remembered what happened.

I groaned in pain, noticing the sharp helicopter blade that was stuck in my tummy. The pain was insane. To think I'd feel this much even after being an undead. I weakly pulled at it with my left arm as it slid out, screaming out in pain until it was fully out of my body.

I got up weakly from my sitting position; holding the bleeding hole in my tummy as I activated the flower on my shoulder and my self healing began. It was slow. But eventually I would feel the hole closing, my broken arm mending itself and the cuts and bruises slowly healing up.

I rejoined my right arm back into its socket which caused me to groan in pain before taking a deep breath and began searching for everyone else.

I searched for a bit before finding Grr first. Her head was bleeding and her left arm was badly cut. Blood dripping down.
Her left leg was broken as well; angled in a very... very weird shape. But she was alive. That I could tell. Placing my hand above her chest, I felt her heart beat gently but weakly.