Chapter 4: End

"Everything has an end...."

-???
*************************************

(This chapter is a bit longer...)

I blinked back gently at the male who was frowning at me. Confused and a bit intimidated, I took a step back holding the side of my waist as he raised a brow.

"Sohan, cut her some slack, she is still injured," the last male, Kaleem said as he placed his left hand on Sohan's shoulder.

Both Sohan and Tougz, aside from looking intimidating, were good-looking. Broad shoulders, muscles popping out of their battle suits, and the gaze of a predator. I felt slightly helpless just standing near them.

Cassei came forward and walked in front of me before crossing her arms.

"Don't start with this Sohan. It's too early in the evening," she said as Sohan made a tsk sound

"Can it, shortie," he said, which took me by surprise. Cassei blushed gently, looking embarrassed before pouting.

"Hey. I'm still the leader here. You should show me some respect," she said as Sohan smirked a bit.

"Once you grow a bit taller. I will. Oh, wait you can't." Sohan said again as he laughed gently while Cassei punched him multiple times on his chest, embarrassed.

It was... A rather cute scene. It reminded me of siblings fighting or teasing each other. I felt a bit safe here like I wanted to stay. But I couldn't. I needed to leave and get back to my own shelter.

Just as I watched them, Tougz, the second male that was beside Sohan came towards me. His crimson hair blew back gently as his blood-red eyes stared down at me. He was more intimidating than the others but his smile was also welcoming. No... It wasn't welcoming, it was a facade. I should be careful around him.

"Hi. Soulen right? You sure took a heck of a beating when we found you." He said as I rose a brow in curiosity.

That was when I remembered the blurry figure carrying my weak body back to the military outpost and a muffled voice.

"You're the one who saved me from the outpost?" I asked as he nodded gently.

"Watching your battle against the weaker infected was quite the sight. How you holding up?" He asked, referring to the place I was currently holding.

"I'll survive... Thank you. I'll be leaving once I'm fully healed," I said as he nodded again.

"Not a problem. Enjoy the camp. Cassei, Grr. I'm off," Tougz said as he turned and left where we all gathered.

Cassei and Grr pulled me aside and left the camp hall where I took one last glance at Sohan who just stared back like I was a threat. Now back at the cabin, I laid down on the bed with my shirt off and stared at the ceiling. Cassei and Grr had to return to prepare for the invasion that would come. My mind was foggy, and I felt tired again.

"I should probably sleep..." I said gently as I grabbed my blade and held it in hand. I needed to sleep.
I carefully placed the blade on the wall and pulled the bedspread to cover myself as I took a heavy sigh and slowly drifted off.

*************************************
"Fire!!!"

"Dad! Where are you!? I can't breath....

"D-dad...."

"Dad!!" I shouted as I bolted up before groaning from the pain of my wounds.
The next thing I heard was the shouting of people outside. The invasion had started.