The REAL Chapter 13: Mayor

Khalem really looked out of it. His breathing was heavy and sweat beaded his forehead. Ada held him gently before closing the door behind him.

   "What's going on?" Cassei asked as he took a few seconds to catch his breath.

"The mayor.... of hope 101. He is on his way here."

  The mayor? The same bastard that nearly got me killed. My left eyes glowed bright blue as I stared deadly at Khalem. I was angry. The memories of 4 years ago flooding in as the ground shook around me.
Grr and Cassei ran towards me and held me in place as I growled gently, I wanted to kill him. He was majorly the cause of all this. Aside from my carelessness during the invasion years ago, if he didn't chase me out. If he tried to help or even let me die in a more peaceful way.. none of the pains and evil I have done would have occurred.

   "Soulen. Calm down!" Grr's voice snapped me back to reality as the ground stopped shaking beneath me. I could see the worry on their faces while Sohan and tougz looked at me like I was a dangerous threat. No tougz was the only one. Sohan was more afraid than threatened.

I looked at tougz then looked away. Why was he intimidating me? Better still, making me afraid of him... I didn't like it. Not one bit.

   "Since he is coming, we need to meet him. He will probably want to talk about what happened at the hunter blades. We did fail the mission since the zombies...." Cassei started as she looked at me. I smiled a bit and shook my head; signifying there was no bad feelings.

    "....yeah, you get what I mean.... and I'm still not in the best shape." She said with a sigh as a thought popped.

I went towards Cassei as I held her hand before smiling a bit. Then I looked to everyone as the flower on my shoulder slowly began to glow, my left eyes glowing as well.

   "Oh wait she's doing it again!!" Grr said, excitement in her tone as everyone looked to her confused.
"Just wait and see. You'll understand soon enough."

   And within seconds, the flower bloomed yet again and spores flew around the cabin. They filled the air and entered everyone of them present in the room. Their bodies glowed as their eyes widened in shock before the feeling slowly faded.

   "Wow... i don't feel tired anymore." Khalem pointed out as Sohan, tougz and Cassei stared at their hands.

Ada looked to Grr as her eyes glittered gently.
   "This was what I meant" Grr pointed out as Ada looked to herself.

"I feel a lot stronger for some reason". Ada said as Cassei removed the bandages on her thigh and waist.

    "No way... it's completely healed." She said as Sohan went towards her to confirm.

   Like magic, the places I pierced had been completely healed up. Not even a mark of my blade piercing her was there anymore. I smiled in relief since it was gone now. She stared at me in awe as I smiled gently.

    "That... should help.... a bit..."
I said gently. Despite learning English again, it would still take a while to speak them quickly and smoothly.

   She nodded as all of them went out the cabin and towards the town square.

Grr watched as they left through the window before turning towards me as she handed me a change of clothing. It was her previous outfit. Or possibly a new one. The black tank top with a blank pantsuit and a long winter coat. Along with a black mouth-mask.
   I took my time to wear each one, the flower growing through the outfit so it would show and bloom as I wore the mouth mask and the soft fur hood over my head.

    Grr changed to her platinum armor and headed out to meet the rest as I stepped out and activated one of the infected ability I had gotten. I jumped towards one of the rooftops and made my way towards the town square.

   Some weeks ago, a horde of infected made their way towards the camp but it was quite easy to clear.
Using my blade to kill some of them, another spore dropped from the ones that grew a flower thus giving me this ability. That particular infected could jump really high which was very disturbing. But In the end it died and I got its ability

     Upon arriving, the helicopter landed gently and a chubby looking older male came out. Instantly I knew it was the mayor. I growled gently, in frustration and hatred before calming myself down.
   'Don't cause a scene Soulen...'  I told myself in a whisper

   The mayor in his black suit bounced proudly towards them along with four heavily armed survivors behind him. He walked forwards as Cassei walked towards him.
   For a few minutes they spoke, Her expression showing concern while the mayor looked displeased. It wasn't long before his hand ran along her face harshly. That took me by surprise. I was getting pissed.
Sohan went towards her and held her gently before walking towards the mayor in an attempt to question him. The four survivors instantly pointed their weapons towards him which caused him to back up.

  I jumped down and hid behind the nearest object which was a sign board and listened carefully.

   "Because of your failure at the hunter blade, we lost a very valuable truce and friendship with the mercenaries. Or at least, almost." He said as he looked at his golden watch on his wrist.

   "Thankfully, I was able to persuade the leader again. " he said, showing the disgust in his words

"...I'm...I'm very sorry sir..." Cassei said, holding her cheek as she looked down.

  The mayor heaved a sigh before turning around and entering the helicopter; the other four survivors following him.

  Once they were gone, Sohan slammed his fist into the nearest lamppost as grr and Ada held Cassei gently.

   "Asshole..." Tougz said as I came out of my hiding spot and went towards Cassei. The flower bloomed gently as a single spore flew out and entered Cassei as she heaved a sigh of relief and the stinging pain left her cheek.

  "Thanks soulen..." She said weakly as I nodded gently.

I watched as the helicopter flew off in the distance before feeling a gaze on me. I turned to see tougz staring deadly at me as I frowned and looked away. He didn't need to tell me.

   ...This was all my fault...