Chapter 48 - Apologize

Tugging on his suit one more time, Taehyung took the bottle of his hair gel, squeezing some amount of gel in it, applying to his fluffed up hair styling them, parting them to a side combing them back swiftly.

There was an ache running up his legs and back, sleeping on the couch that isn't even comfortable for his long height wasn't a good option— but he didn't have another option.

His eyes flickered back to his bed, body aching to have some more rest but he stayed resistant, he needed to get to work.

Nothing much important was lined up, he even had a half-day leave today for his birthday due to some company policy that their workers would get a half-day leave on their birthday and yet their salaries wouldn't be deducted.

Taehyung very well knew he wasn't going to use his half-day leave.

Or so he thought.

He was woken up with his usual alarm ringing, and found himself alone in the room with a bunch of texts by Jimin notifying him that they all had left the previous night itself, there also was this little message to him: 'Taehyung-ie, have a talk with him, don't drown too much in your head, let your heart speak.'

A sigh slipped past Taehyung's lips for the nth time as he sat on the neatly made, he reached out for the pillow and tucked it under his nose.

Jungkook's scent was still lingering.

Briefly his eyes fell shut as he thought more about Jimin's typed words, he gulped before he placed the pillow where it was previously, he stood up taking his briefcase and checking on his files before he left his room towards the kitchen in a habit of finding his breakfast ready.

He did find his breakfast, but it was in the process of being made while his fiancé was quite engrossed in his work of sizzling the bacon strip, a natural pout molded on his pinkish lips.

The younger one noticed the other, taking a deep breath. "Give me a minute, I'm sorry. I woke up late." He quietly apologized, not raising his gaze up from the grilling bacon strip that was now letting out it's natural juices on the pan.

Taehyung exhaled a sigh through his nose taking a seat on the dining table, pulling out his phone from his pocket seeing his friends and colleagues wish him over different social media apps he was on— there were some of his mother's friends wishing him over Facebook sending those stickers made a smile pull up his lips finding those ladies wishes cute and honestly, he knew those were genuine.

In the midst of replying to all of the messages his gaze traveled up for unknown reason as he stared at Jungkook's back while there was the sound of something being chopped— spring onions they were.

And after that Taehyung couldn't get his gaze away from the younger, his eyes trailing all over Jungkook's back seeing the gray apron tied around his narrow waist while the hoodie he wore from last night slipped down his shoulder and those sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

"You didn't have a bath?" Taehyung softly questioned, wanting a conversation to flow between them before they could actually have a talk.

"Why is it even bothering you now?" Jungkook snapped looking at Taehyung over his shoulder before he inhaled deeply. "Sorry," he sighed, "no I haven't had a bath, just freshened up."

Taking a deep breath Jungkook rested his hands against the counter, his head was leaned downwards he tried to control all his emotions that seemed too worked up. He hasn't got his proper amount of sleep since he was busy packing even after Taehyung told him he loves him— he was still paranoid so he packed up.

Because, it was an; I love you.

Not an; I want you to stay.

And as Jungkook thought more about it last night after having to cry over the fact Taehyung loved him, it slowly settled into him that it meant something completely different from what he wanted to hear.