Chapter 2

#EDITED

Somewhere in the alleyway of Yiling you could hear a child scream of pure terror. There is a child who is especially afraid and now he is facing the animal he is most afraid of a dog.

Trembling with fear the boy retreated while protecting the food he had picked up from the trash.

'Go away, please go away, somebody help me please' Wei ying beg.

the dog approached the child slowly with its fangs out and growling. the boy screamed loudly and ran away in fear.

'Help me, please somebody help. Mama, baba a-ying is afraid' he desperately pray.

xie lian was buying mantou when he heard the child's cry. when he was about to follow the voice, he bumped into the child who was terrified while being chased by big dogs.

Seeing the child trembling and hiding behind him. he took pity and sent the dogs away.
Crouching down so he could be leveled to the child he softly speak.

"Are you okay?"
When being ask softly wei ying look at the man who help him chase the dogs away and smile.

"Thank you for saving me gege"
Seeing the child smile Xie Lian is taken aback. But before he can even reply the child suddenly lost consciousness.

Seeing such thing happen to a child Xie Lian scope wei ying up and bring him to the puqi shrine where his husband is right now.

'Such a beautiful child being left alone like this' is what xie lian thought.

When Wei ying opened his eyes he was in an unknown room and when he looked for lan zhan he couldn't find him so he suddenly got very scared.

'Where am I? Where's Lan zhan?'

'What happened to lan zhan?'

'Why are my hands so small?'

He wondered. 'I have to find lan zhan.. Lan zhan' just a mere thought that something might happen to lan zhan made his mind spiral that he began to hyperventilate and cry.
'No.. No... No... Lan zhan is safe. Lan zhan is fine. Nothings gonna happen to lan zhan'

And that's what Hua Cheng saw before he rushed to call his husband.

"Gege the child is hyperventilating" he shout panicked. Upon hearing this Xie Lian rushed inside.

Seeing the child like this makes their hearts flip. Xie Lian approach the child slowly before he scope him to his lap and brush his hair soughting the child.
Watching Xie Lian act like this made Hua Cheng smile slightly. His husband really is just so kind.

"Shhhhhhh its okay..." Xie lian speak comfortingly.

After a minute or so the child finally calmed down.

"San lang can you give me some water please" Xie Lian said while he put down the child to bed ones more.

"Okay gege"

When Hua Cheng came back with a water they let the child drink first before they finally ask.

"What's your name kid?" Hua Cheng ask the child whose looking at them curiously and defensively.

"My name is Wei Ying courtesy name Wei Wuxian"

"Where is your parents child? Why are you alone in Yiling?" Xie Lian ask wei ying.
Hearing the word Yiling Wei ying eyes widened from shock.

"Yiling?" Wei ying wondered out loud.

"I saw you in yiling being chased by dogs" Xie lian replied.

Hearing those words Wei Ying was shocked ones more. 'So does it mean I traveled back in time? But how? Does it mean lan zhan is back as well? Or it's just me?'

Wait......so uncle jiang should have found me yesterday. but before that happened these two helped me?

He doesn't know if he should be happy or sad because he won't be able to see his shijie. But isn't he also the reason why the lotus pier was almost wiped out. Shijie also died because of me.

To be brought back to the past made me feel so sick and it seems like I don't deserve to be given a second chance either at the same time he feels relieve. I can save everyone. Thinking like this made me more determined to be even stronger.

"Wei Ying are you okay"
When wei ying heard the voice he snapped back to the reality.

He looked at them intently. And he saw their concern and to see that kind of emotion in a stranger he couldn't help but be happy and giddy.

"Im fine kind sir. Thank you for saving me" he got up and bow to both of them.

"It's okay kiddo gege is really kind to everyone he meets"

"May I know your name kind sir?" Wei Ying ask again

"Im Xie Lian and he is my husband Hua Cheng" Xie lian introduced smiling

"Anyway kid where are your parents?" Hua cheng ask

"There gone Hua gongzi" He answer politely
Hearing wei ying call him as such made Hua cheng cringe making Xie Lian laugh at him.

"Gege" hua cheng pout. Seeing their interaction reminds him of lan zhan. Lan zhan said he love me. I hope I can meet him soon.