Chapter 14

#EDITED

Two person are walking towards hanshi. It was a secluded residence that is surrounded by bamboo. It is the residence of Qingheng-jun sect leader of Gusu Lan Clan, father of the twin jades.

Lan Zhan was quite nervous. The last time he saw his father was during the burning of cloud recesses when his father comes out of seclusion and protected him from a wen attacking his back. And that's the last time he saw his father before he died. Lan Zhan spoke hesitantly, "Wei Ying"

Wei Wuxian just give him a smile, understanding how he feels. Wei Wuxian spoke softly, "Lan Zhan you have a chance now to be with your father again. And this time we need him out of seclusion."

"And if he wont end his seclusion?"

Wei wuxian sigh, "Lan-er-gege I already promise that no matter what I will bring your father out of seclusion. Trust me Lan-er-gege okay."

"Mn. Trust Wei Ying"

Wei Wuxian give him his bunny smile, and spoke energetically, "Let's continue walking and meet my future father in law then."

Lan Zhan ears starts to turn red. He was quite pleased and embarrassed at the same time.

Upon arriving at the hanshi, Lan Zhan becomes worried Again. But his expression says otherwise he was just blankly staring at the door. Wei Wuxian squeezed his hand comforting him.

Lan Zhan look at Wei Ying and nod at him signaling that he was ready to meet his father.

*knock*

*knock*

*knock*

Wei Wuxian knock at the door three times.

There is shifting inside before the door opens.
"Who is it?"

Lan Zhan bow at his father. He spoke,
"Father"

Qingheng-jun was quite surprise seeing his youngest son. It was the first time his youngest visited him. It was mostly Lan Qiren and Sometimes Lan Xichen but never Lan Zhan. So seeing him outside the hanshi he was shocked. "A-zhan?"

Lan Zhan straightened up and look at his father. He doesn't know what to speak to his father so he glance at Wei Ying.

Seeing Lan zhan glance at him. Wei Wuxian spoke, "greetings Sect leader Lan. I am Wei Ying a guest disciple of yunmeng."

Qingheng-jun nods at him. "Wei? Are you perhaps the son of Wei Changze and Sangse Sanren?"

"Yes Sect leader Lan but it is not that important right now." he pause, "We came to visit you with a very important matter." Wei wuxian was smiling softly even thu he was quite curious to know about his parents but it can wait after he brings Qingheng-jun out of seclusion.

Qingheng-jun just nod and invite them inside his residence. When they settled down, Qingheng-jun spoke, "So what is this important matter that you wanted to talk about a-zhan and young master Wei?"

Lan Zhan just stared at him blankly, well he always wore that blank face anyways. While Wei Wuxian release a deep breath. Wei Wuxian spoke, "Sect leader Lan I know this might be confusing and too sudden." Lan Zhan nods supporting his betrothed words.

Qingheng-jun was quite curious now. It seems that it was really important. "Just call me Qingheng-jun young master Wei. And I promise to listen."

Wei Wuxian give him smile before speaking,
"Then Just call me wuxian or a-xian Qingheng-jun" he paused, "Will the thing is Me and Lan zhan are courting for already five years."

Qingheng-jun's eyes widened unable to process the words. He spoke with difficulty, "W-what?"

This time Lan Zhan spoke, "Father I love Wei ying, we just want you to know about us."

Wei wuxian, "Actually Qingheng-jun the real reason that I want to visit you today is that, I hope you could end your seclusion and be with your son specially when we come of legal age to marry I want, no we want you to be present."

Qingheng-jun was so shocked by this news. "How come I just know of it now? Why didn't Xichen or Qiren tell me about it?"

Wei ying spoke hesitantly. "Actually they don't know about us. My parents and uncles where the only ones who know and now you." Wei Ying replied looking at him in the eye.

Qingheng-jun was torn. Can he really end his seclusion like this?

Lan Zhan spoke, "Father." For Qingheng-jun it was spoken expressionless, but for wei ying the call was helpless, begging, and defeated.

Wei ying could proudly say it now that he can read Lan Zhan openly, and without effort at all. He can read him more than Lan Xichen. So seeing the helpless look of Lan Zhan, Wei Ying raged. "With all due respect Qingheng-jun but you being in seclusion was you being selfish! Madam Lan was dead! You are not the only one mourning! Why can't you accept it and learn from it! Your sons lost their mother at such a young age while you! How can you deprive your sons of the affection of their father! They already lost their mother! How can you tolerate your sons like this! How dare you hurt Lan Zhan and Zewu-jun so much! How could you give your responsibility of raising your son's to your brother like nothing! Grandmaster Lan has a life as well!You can't burden other's with your responsibility! You are a sect leader, a husband, and a father! But you didn't act like one! If you really want to repent for the mistakes you've done then show it and work for it! Seclusion is not a way of showing of your regret and repentance! It was a foolish and selfish decision!"

Qingheng-jun was speechless. It was his first time someone pointed out his mistakes, and he was being scolded. Most specially the one scolding him was younger than him. He hung is head down unable to look at the disappointed expression of his son. He know even not looking at Lan Zhan, he knows that his youngest is disappointed at him. Wuxian was right about it all, he was just selfish and forget his responsibilities.

"Give me a week to gather myself, and I will end my seclusion."

Wei Wuxian was just going to scold Qingheng-jun more, but it looks like no need for it. "All right Qingheng-jun." He replied smiling happily like he just didn't scold the sect leader of Lan Clan.
"You hear it Lan Zhan, your father will come out a week from now."

Lan Zhan was looking at him with a twinkling eyes happy that finally his father will end his seclusion.
"Mn."

"Aiya Lan Zhan stop giving me that sparkling look." While hiding is blushing face behind his palm.

"Mn"

Wei wuxian whined, "Lan Zhan stop teasing."

"..."

Qingheng-jun laughs at them. He really didn't know a lot of things regarding his son's.

"Then call me father a-xian. Soon you will be part of family, so just call me father in advanve."

And just like that Wei Ying and Lan zhan spend their time at the Hanshi telling him about their story and the betrothal. They only left when it was time for dinner.