Chapter 13

#EDITED

Today Wei wexian was attending the lecture at the lanshi and he was so bored listening to Lan Qiren reciting the rules. His eyes drifted around and only settled at Lan Zhan who is listening with serious expression. He was sitting with improper posture and put his face at his left hand while looking at Lan Zhan who is listening attentively and seriously.

'How come Lan Zhan can listen attentively to something so boring?'

Lan Qiren slammed the scroll onto the ground, and smile bitterly
"I am only repeating it one by one because nobody reads it, even thu it was carved into the rock wall. Hence nobody would be able to violate them using ignorance as an excuse. Even if I do this, there are still people who do not pay attention. Very well! I will proceed to talk something else."

as Lan Qiren said those words all the disciples sat upright pretending to listen to him while mentally praying to not call them. But Wei Ying clearly know that it was directed to him. And as expected Lan Qiren spoke, "Wei Ying!"

Wei Wuxian answered excitedly, "Here!"

"Let me ask you. Are yao, demons, ghosts and monster the same?"

Wei Wuxian smiled knowing exactly about what the old man is about, "No"

"Why not? How are they differentiated?"

"Yao are formed from living, non-human beings; demons are formed from living humans; ghosts are formed from dead humans; monsters are formed from dead, non-human being"

He answer's them fluently making the other hearts skip a beat. And Lan Qiren ask so on and so on until he ask him with the question his been waiting for. He smile secretly. Lan Zhan was able to see through Wei Ying's action and he can't help but sigh at his antics.

"Being a  disciple of Yunmeng Jiang sect you must already know them buy heart so no need to be proud of. Let me ask you again, there is an executioner with parents, a wife, and a children, but before he died he executed more than a hundred people. He suddenly died in the public, and to punish him for his deeds, he was left in the streets for seven days. With the suppressed energy of resentment, he starts to haunt and kill. What should be done?"

Wei ying was practically suppressing his laugh now. The old man was asking him the same question from the past. 'Will I answer him like last time or use Lan Zhan's answer instead? I wanna empress this old man but I wanted to have Lan Zhan attention all by myself.'

Before Lan Qiren could call his lan zhan, wei ying spoke, "First liberate, second suppress, third eliminate. The initial approach is to utilize the gratitude of his relative and grant his dying wish, set free what he could not let go of. If it fails, suppress it. If the crimes was extremely wrongful, snd its energy if resentment does dissipate completely, exterminate it completely."

Every one becomes speechless, Lan Zhan was proud and even Lan Qiren was quite pleased.

"Not a single mistake was made." With a pause, he spoke again, "No matter in terms of cultivation or as a person, one needs to be solid like this."

Wei wuxian spoke, with a mischievous glint in his eyes.
"I have a question."

Hearing Wei Ying speak again Lan Zhan was amused and chuckles lightly only Wei Ying could see.

Lan Qiren replied, "Speak."

"Although liberation comes first, it is often impossible. To grant his dying wish sounds simple, it would be easy, if the wish was only a piece of clothing, but what if the wish was to kill for revenge?"

This time Lan Zhan stood up and answer, playing along with him."Thus, suppression assist liberation. If it is necessary, then elimination would follow."

Wei Wuxian smiled at him knowingly, "Such a waste." He paused then continue, "its not like I didn't know the answer, I was only thinking of the fourth path."

Lan Qiren, "I have never heard of a fourth path."

Of course you don't it was another form of cultivation I invented my self anyway. "Because the executioner died in such a way, it is only natural that he turned into a ferocious corpse. Since he executed more than hundred of people before he died, why not dig up their graves, arouse their resentment, collect the heads of these people, and use them to fight with ferocious corpse..."

Lan Zhan look at him dead in the eye, like seriously Wei Ying? You really wants to boil my uncle's blood.

Lan Qiren was so angered that his goatee was shivering, he shouted "How dare you!"

Every one in the room stilled, Lan Qiren sprang at his feet, "The essence of exorcising demons and ghost is to liberate! You do not study the methods of liberation and even think of increasing their resentment! You reverse the natural order, and even ignore ethics and morality!"

Wei Wuxian speak, "spiritual energy is energy, resentment energy is energy as well. Spiritual energy is being stored at the dantian. It can split mountains and fill oceans, available for human use. If so, then why can't resentful energy be used by human!" A book come flying from Lan Qiren that he manages to avoid.

He spoke rashly, "then let me ask you again! How can you make sure that the resentment energy listens to you and not harm others."

Of course he knows how to control them. He invented it himself, and he was also trained by his a-die on controlling both energy without clashing with each other. Before he could speak Lan Qiren shouted again, "Get out!"

Wei wuxian couldn't be more glad hearing this and he get out. Proceed to walk towards the library pavilion to wait for Lan Zhan.

After a minute of waiting Lan Zhan finally emerge at the library.

"Wei Ying was being naughty, enjoying to tease uncle just now."

Wei Wuxian laugh at that. "The class was so boring Lan Zhan. We already knows them anyway."

"Need to copy both virtue and conduct."

Wei Wuxian whinned, "Aiya! Lan Zhan I already copied it in the past, its not like old man Lan will check it."

Lan Zhan just sigh and nod at his Wei Ying. Getting the reply he wants Wei Wuxian smile victoriously, and start talking non stop.