Chapter 3

#EDITED

Wei Ying was staying at puqi shrine for almost a week right now. Both Hua Cheng and Xie Lian are nice. They feed him and cared for him. Sometimes he also help them in some chores even thu they told him to rest or play outside. But he is not a child. Even thu he is in a childs body but his soul is of 20 years so how can he play like normal kids?

Staying with them makes him feel safe, secured and love. They make him feel like he's home. Like he belongs to their family but he doesn't. They treated him with so much care like he is some fine jade that needs to be taken care of. He feels warm inside. This is new to him after his wen family died for him.

Thinking about his family back in burial mounds unsettled his feelings. Thinking about his little radish A-yuan made him  sad.

"A-ying" hearing the call wei ying snaps back to reality. His Lian gege is calling for him. So he walk towards them who is looking very nervous right now.
Seeing them so nervous makes him curious.

"A-ying. gege and I have been thinking about this lately" Cheng ge speak with no expression at all but his eyes says otherwise.

'Are they going to kick me out now? will they throw me out of their lives?'
Just thinking like this makes him anxious, nervous and feel a flickering fear.

"W-what is it Cheng ge, lian ge?" Wei ying ask nervously.

"San lang and I have been discussing it lately if you want to.......to be part of our family?" Xie lian ask hopefully while the last words are almost like a whisper but enough for him to hear.

Hearing the word OUR FAMILY shocked wei ying deeply that his eyes are wide open and he keeps closing and opening his mouth but no words came out. His so shocked. Aside from dafan wens there is another person who wants him to be part of their family.

Wei ying choked and tears began to pour in his silver eyes.

"Y-you want me to be part of your family?" He ask unsure and perplexed.

"Yes we want you to be our son" this time Hua cheng answered while looking at him expectantly.

"We want to officially adopt you" Xie lian added.

Hearing such words made him feel a lot of emotions. Dismay, Fear that he might going to broke this family, happy because someone ask him to be part of their family, he also feel he doesn't deserve it. but he hope that this family offered will make him feel love, accepted, and protected.

He is at a loss of word. He doesn't know what to reply at that.

With much difficulty he manage to speak again
"Y-you want m-me to be your son?" Scold him or anything he just want to confirm it. He just want to be assured that it's really true.

"Yes.." They both replied.

When wei ying still didn't reply Xie Lian become nervous and anxious ones more.

"Only if you want. We wont force you A-ying" He added.

Wei ying was so overwhelmed that he can't help but cry. Cry because of happiness.

Seeing wei ying cries infront of them almost give them a heart attack. Before they could console him. Wei ying hug the both of them. While saying YES many times like a mantra.

Hearing Wei ying say so makes Xie lian smile sofly while hua cheng are also practically breaming with happiness. Their little family feels complete now.

'This is my new life. I am no longer the old wei wuxian. I have parents to call now I'm not alone anymore. I will start again. Now I can protect even more the ones I want to protect. I don't have to pretend anymore. I will be true to myself. I can be who I really am this time.' Wei ying thought.

'To the one who brought me back to the past, thank you very much.' He thought smiling happily while still hugging his new parents.

<SOMEWHERE>

You are welcome my dear. If I know earlier of your existence, you wouldn't have suffered so much. You wouldn't have live that kind of life. I am so sorry my dear. But now that I know your existence I will make sure that you are safe always.