Chapter 12

#EDITED

The lanshi is slowly filled up by the guest and other lan disciples attending lan qiren's lecture. Lan qiren sat at the front while lan xichen stood at his right side. And lan wangji stood at the front row with Wei wuxian in his right side and  some other disciples with a meter distance each.

"The natural world is the origin of everything. The devotion to creeds of lan plays a decisive role. Clear reason, inquire doubt, state opinion, summarize wits. The four should admonished you." Lan qiren speak.

"Yes master" they all spoke simultaneously while joining their hands saluting him, repeating the gesture once more. Then they all kowtowed to him. Lan Xichen smile while Lan qiren nod at them as they all straightened up and stand at their respective seats.

"The 3000 rules of the gusu lan: killing livestock within cloud recesses is prohibited, fighting without permission is prohibited, Do not commit acts of promiscuity, going out at night is prohibited, making loud noises is prohibited, running is prohibited, gossiping is prohibited, laughing for no reason is prohibited, slouching is prohibited, Do not eat more than 3 bowl of rice, be a filial child, organize work properly, diligence is the root, morality is the priority, harmony is value, Learning comes first, do not take your words lightly, do not act impulsively, do not give up on learning, make sure to act viciously, do mot forget the grace of forefathers, be respectful and humble, be loyal and filial, do not hold grudges, maintain your own discipline, be strict with yourself, respect the filial ones, destroy the five poison, nurture aspirations, uphold the value of justice, be fair, be worthy, be mighty, be just, be generous, be ethical, be grateful, be loyal, wake up at 5, sleep at 9, do not argue with your family, for it doesn't matter who wins." One of the senior lan disciple recites the gusu lan rules but wei ying is no longer listening he was just looking at lan zhan who stand properly while listening eagerly.

'Lan zhan really looked so handsome... And he's mine..'- wei wuxian thought and blush.

Wei wuxian look around when he heard a tweet and saw nei huiasang who is hiding a cage of a bird behind his large sleeve. Nei huiasang widened his eyes and signal him to be silent.

"What rare bird are you hiding?" He whispered while glancing at the bird.

"It was a canary I found when we are heading here at gusu. I followed it for whole 3 day's before I finally capture it. How is it? Isn't it wonderful" nei huiasang whispered back showing his canary bird.

"Quite interesting" Wei wuxian ask. Before nei huiasang could show off his bird he saw Lan wangji glaring at him making him stand straight and look at the fron once again. Seeing the reaction wei wuxian automatically look at his lan zhan who is glancing at him so he give him his cute bunny smile.

After the disciple finished reciting the rules the individual representative from each clan has to salute.

"Jin clan of lanling jin" a disciple called and jin zixuan come to the center with one of his disciple in tow.

"Jin zixuan from jin clan of lanling, here to visit master" he joins his hand infront of him and salute to lan qiren. He repeated it again and then kowtowed to lan qiren to show his respect. When he stand up he motioned the disciple who stepped forward and open the box which held the gift.

"I know the master disdains vulgarian with your vast knowledge. My father especially collected classics for the master. A set of helo management book which consists of gold string. I hope this will gratify the master" He explained and lan qiren nodded.

Lan xichen motion one of his disciple to take the box and put it away.

"How luxurious" nei huisang said and wei wuxian just scoffs.
"But he was still a peacock"

"Quiet it wei wuxian" jiang cheng said.

"Nie clan is saluting" a disciple announce again. Nei huaisang put his bird down and come to the front with meng yao.

"Nei huaisang of nie clan from qinghe, here to visit the master" he saluted and kowtow like jin zixuan and stood up.

"To represent the nei clan. I'll present the dark red sand elixir pot. Meng yao" he called.

"Assistant Meng yao fom nei clan of qinghe, here to present the dark red sand elixir pot in behalf of sect leader nei. The dark red sand is antique and solemn, plain but profound. Just like the quality of master lan. I hope that master accepts it." meng yao started to speak and the whispers rose up in the class about his origin. Meng yao started to grip the pot tightly.

"Quite!" At lan qiren's command they quieted down and silence settled in lanshi.

"I have heard that clan leader nei has a helpful assistant. After I heard of the elegant speech today, that's indeed as my expectation." Lan xichen said with a soft smile as he walked up to meng yao to receive the box.

"Thank you zewu-jun" meng yao smile and lan xichen returned it and took the box. When they've gone back to their seats the lan disciple announce.

"Jiang clan of yunmeng is saluting" jiang's move forward to the center followed by one of his disciple who carried the gift.

"Jiang cheng from jiang clan of yun......" Before he could even finished his words he was disrupted by the arrival of wen clan.

"By far do I know that cloud recesses was hard to enter" wen chao said walking inside.

"Not knowing wen er gongzi would come, we lan clan apologize. In the recent history wen clan has never attended the lectures of lan. Is wen er gongzi here to relay any advice from his excellency?" Lan xichen speak while pursing a smile at his face.

Wen chao scoffed

"Clan leader lan you're wrong I'm not here for the lectures. I'm just here to escort someone, besides Wen clan is always educating others. Surely we have no need to attend the lecture like yours."

"Such arrogance" Wei wuxian scoffed

"What did you say?!" Wen chao ask enraged.

"W-wait who me?" Wei wuxian look confused. It's as if wen chao was accusing him.

"We're sorry for interrupting Lan master. I am Wen Qing, and this is my brother Wen Ning we come here for the lecture with the order from his excellency." Wen qing spoke up offering the gift.

After Wen chao left the tension is lifted and the lecture will start tomorrow.