Case 2. Killer VS Killer: Chapter 17. Tomb of the Jackal

Zhao Jue gave people a mysterious feeling. He should be an extremely evil existence, but when people saw him, he seemed very gentle and kind.

Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang no longer knew how to face Zhao Jue, who had impacted their lives more or less since he appeared. Watching him come over with a smile was really overwhelming. Bai Yutang turned to look at Zhan Zhao and saw that he was showing the same look that cats often show when they saw other cats. There was vigilance, but more curiosity. Although Zhan Zhao did not admit it, he was interested in Zhao Jue.

After Zhao Jue walked up to them, he looked at Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang, then reached out and shook hands with Ou Yangchun.

Ou Yangchun politely shook hands with Zhao Jue. "Hi, didn't you say we'd meet again in Italy?"

Zhao Jue smiled at Ou Yangchun. "I miss them."

Ou Yangchun was slightly stunned. He looked back at Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang, as if asking, "Didn't I hear that you guys weren't on good terms?"

Zhan Zhao raised his eyebrows and said with a smile, "Depends."

Bai Yutang and Ou Yangchun looked at each other as they thought, "There's a tense atmosphere between them."

Zhao Jue laughed, as he walked closer and stood between Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao. He put his hand gently around Bai Yutang's arm and said affectionately, "Are you hungry? I know a good French restaurant."

Bai Yutang looked at Zhao Jue, who was holding his arm, and was a little surprised. "Why does he act like he's very young? Is he really in his forties?" He wondered. Bai Yutang had to admit that Zhao Jue was good looking, and the handsomeness was different from Cat...

While he was thinking to himself, Zhan Zhao suddenly dragged him away by the arm and glared at him. Then, Zhan Zhao glared at Zhao Jue, who smiled again. He reached out, patted Ou Yangchun and said, "Come on, I'll treat you to a meal."

"Oh, no that's okay." Ou Yangchun wanted to say a few more words, but he was dragged away by Zhao Jue. When he left, Zhao Jue did not forget to wink cheekily at Zhan Zhao with a smile.

When Bai Yutang looked at Zhan Zhao again, a shiver went down his back. He reached out and pinched Zhan Zhao's neck helplessly, as he whispered, "You get so worked up with just a joke. This is why he never gets tired of trying to annoy you."

Zhan Zhao wrinkled his nose angrily and warned Bai Yutang, "Stay away from him. Be careful, he might give you some sort of trigger that will hypnotize you!"

Bai Yutang reached out and hugged Zhan Zhao's shoulder with a smile. "Don't worry, I have you... Tell me, do you hypnotize me all the time, or give me a trigger that makes me think of you all the time?"

There was a smile on Zhan Zhao's face, as the words seemed to flow out of Bai Yutang's mouth very naturally... It immediately lifted Zhan Zhao's mood.

Zhao Jue, who was walking in front of them, glanced back. He helplessly slowed down his pace and handed Zhan Zhao a book he had been reading earlier.

"What's this?" Zhan Zhao glanced at the book. It was a Japanese version of the novel 'Tomb of the Jackal'.

"Why a Japanese novel?" Zhan Zhao looked up and asked Zhao Jue. "I remember the original one is in English."

Zhao Jue looked at Zhan Zhao with a smile and said, "If you read it in another language, it will be more interesting."

Zhan Zhao frowned slightly and looked at Zhao Jue.

"Read this book through another perspective." Zhao Jue smiled. "That way, you can see the thoughts of two people at the same time."

Zhan Zhao raised his eyebrows, as he kept his opinions on these words to himself.