Case 3. Password Killer: Chapter 16. Born Bad

Bai Yutang looked at Zhan Zhao, "How do you know he's lying?"

"Liu Fang looks really calm on the surface." Zhan Zhao smiled. "But he gave me the impression that he was trying to suppress his actual emotion."

"Actual emotion?" Everyone looked at Zhan Zhao curiously.

"He sat the cat on his knees and stroked its fur. It's an action to calm himself down through the touch. However... His act of smoking exposed himself."

"What emotion?" Bai Yutang asked.

"Anger." Zhan Zhao whispered.

"Anger?" Luo Tian thought for a moment and said, "Liu Fang started smoking when you said Wu Qianliang almost killed Xu Zhong... What is he angry about?"

"Maybe he hates this kind of method used to kill someone?" Bai Yutang shrugged as he opened the car door. "Or maybe it's because Xu Zhong dodged a bullet."

"It seems that we have to go back and ask Xu Zhong in more detail." Zhan Zhao said as he fastened his seatbelt.

"Xu Zhong's arrest was officially approved. He is in custody right now pending trial for kidnapping and attempted murder." Bai Chi shook his head and said, "The child is fine, so Xu Zhong may not be sentenced to death. However, I don't think the result will be much better for him."

"That's right." Bai Yutang also nodded, "He will get at least 20 or 30 years."

"Unless..." Zhan Zhao thought for a moment and said, "he had been instigated, that there is a mastermind behind the scenes, and he is just being used."

"If that's the case, he's sentence might actually be light." Bai Chi also nodded. "After all, it was just the spur of a moment."

While they were talking, Bai Yutang's phone rang. It was Zhang Jianqi, saying that he had gone to pick up Zhang Hua. However, when Zhang Hua heard that he had to see the police, he started to shout and refuse. Zhang Jianqi asked Bai Yutang to give him another night to persuade his son. He would take the child to the police station first thing in the morning.

Bai Yutang had no choice but to agree.

"It seems that we need to go back and interrogate Xu Zhong." Bai Yutang turned the car around as they headed to the police station. Then, the phone rang again. Zhan Zhao helped him take out the phone and was stunned. "Xiao Bai, it's your mother."

Bai Yutang frowned, "Ah, I haven't been back for a long time. She probably wants us to go home for dinner."

"Maybe." Zhan Zhao answered the phone. "Auntie... Okay, Yutang is driving... Huh?"

It was unknown what Bai Yutang's mother said, but Zhan Zhao kept glancing at Yutang. Bai Yutang also became puzzled. In the end, Zhan Zhao replied with an "Oh" before hanging up the phone.

"What's wrong?" Bai Yutang asked when he saw the awkwardness on Zhan Zhao's face.

"Your mom said to get your brother home tonight for dinner... Also, to bring Gong Sun." Zhan Zhao whispered. "She said since they are married, Jintang should bring him home and let her meet him."

Bai Yutang opened his eyes wide as he looked at Zhan Zhao. "Really?"

"What should we do?" Zhan Zhao asked, "She also wants us to go."

"Huh?" Bai Yutang opened his mouth wide and shook his head. "No way. Why do we need to go? It will be so awkward!"

"That's right." Bai Chi behind him also answered.

Zhan Zhao looked back at Bai Chi and said, "Chi Chi, why don't you go?"

"No way." Bai Chi shook his head quickly.