Case 2. Love Murderer: Chapter 23. Bathory

When Zhao Jue finished speaking, he regained his silence and stood by the window, looking at Zhan Zhao. The two seemed to be at heads with each other, as the atmosphere was a little tense.

Bai Yutang looked at Zhan Zhao and knew that he was worried. Zhan Zhao had doubted his background before and had been depressed and suffered for a long time. It was because he was well aware of the pain that Zhan Zhao was determined not to let Bai Yutang fall into this kind of predicament. So he was very dissatisfied with Zhao Jue. While Zhao Jue stood there coldly and seemed somewhat relieved, Bai Yutang suddenly felt that Zhao Jue was actually jealous of Zhan Zhao. The two men were pretty similar. They were both intelligent and talented, but Zhao Jue's situation seemed to be more miserable. Zhan Zhao was guarded everywhere, and his parents and friends were unwilling to let him face the heavy pressure of fate. From Zhao Jue's point of view, he would naturally be unhappy... After thinking about it, Bai Yutang shook his head. Apart from Zhan Zhao, Zhao Jue probably resented him as well. They both wholeheartedly did what they wanted to do. They lived freely into their twenties and were never troubled by any past until the appearance of Zhao Jue. However, Zhao Jue was right in saying that fate would come sooner or later, and it was impossible to avoid.

In fact, right now Bai Yutang didn't have that kind of apprehension and anxiety. He didn't even think too much about his life experiences. Instead, Bai Yutang was a lot angrier when Zhao Jue had made Zhan Zhao doubt his background. Zhan Zhao was the same.

Bai Yutang reached out to Zhan Zhao and said, "Cat, let's go back. You haven't finished your book yet."

Zhan Zhao looked at Bai Yutang with his eyes wide open.

Bai Yutang smiled and said, "it's no big deal. Life, fate and other things are not controllable, and it doesn't matter if we don't know anything, or what our background is. It doesn't affect us."

Zhan Zhao was slightly shocked. He looked at Bai Yutang, as the anger immediately disappeared. He changed back to his original gentle and somewhat listless appearance.

Bai Yutang took him by the hand and walked out. He then said to Zhao Jue, "you go to bed. After we finish reading the book, we'll ask you something about the case in the morning, and then we'll leave." With that, he pulled Zhan Zhao and opened the door.

Outside the door, the people from SCI, who had no time to escape, hid their cups and looked to the side, as if they were facing the wall.

Bai Yutang looked at everyone and said, "what are you doing? Go rest if you have collected all the evidence."

Everyone hurriedly sped away. Bai Chi carefully returned the lion cub to Zhan Zhao, then ran away as well.

After returning to the room, Bai Yutang checked the bed and said, "Cat, read on the bed. It's fairly cold."

Zhan Zhao looked up at Bai Yutang and said nothing.

Bai Yutang looked back at him, smiled and said, "come here."

Zhan Zhao walked slowly over. Bai Yutang reached out, took the cub in his hand, put it on the bed, then pulled Zhan Zhao to his body and lowered his head and kissed him.

"Aren't you angry?" Zhan Zhao asked Bai Yutang in a low voice.

"Why would I be?" Bai Yutang asked with a smile.

Zhan Zhao sighed gently and said, "after thinking about it carefully, I realised there is really nothing to be angry about."

"You should be happy." Bai Yutang smiled.

Zhan Zhao looked up at him and asked, "why?"

Bai Yutang thought for a moment and said, "I think we are very lucky. Isn't that something to be happy about?"