Case 3. Password Killer: Chapter 08. The Case

Early the next morning, Bai Yutang was awakened by the alarm and felt sore all over when he sat up. The previous night, Cat had grabbed him by the collar and shook him all night, forcing him to tell the story of that year. However, he would rather be tortured and die than surrender. In the end, Zhan Zhao tired himself out and grinded his teeth while sleeping, "Dead mouse, I'm going to bite you to death!"

When Bai Yutang rubbed his sore neck and turned his face, he saw that Zhan Zhao was still sleeping. Bai Yutang narrowed his eyes, then pinched Zhan Zhao's chin and kissed him.

Zhan Zhao drilled into the quilt and whispered, "Annoying."

Bai Yutang raised his eyebrows, then lifted Zhan Zhao's pyjamas to kiss him on the stomach.

"Ah!." Zhan Zhao was awakened, and as soon as he opened his eyes, he was kissed by Bai Yutang.

It took about 30 seconds to wake up. When Zhan Zhao saw the smile on Bai Yutang's face, he raised his foot and kicked Bai Yutang.

As the time to start work approached, they stopped fighting and got up. Then, they washed up and got dressed before leaving. In the bakery downstairs, Bai Yutang bought two sandwiches and milk tea to feed Zhan Zhao, who was still holding a grudge, then drove towards the police station.

"Do you really want to go to the haunted house?" Zhan Zhao asked while eating the sandwich. "Do you find that mute guy suspicious?"

Bai Yutang raised his eyebrows. "There were too many questionable things in the case. Liu Mei also mysteriously died there. I think the mute guy is strange."

"That's true." Zhan Zhao held his sandwich with his mouth, then helped Bai Yutang unwrap his sandwich and fed it to him. Bai Yutang lowered his head and took a bite, chewing and saying, "By the way, let's also go to that school to find out about the former teacher and principal to see if there are any clues."

"I'm more interested in that medical examiner." Zhan Zhao put down the sandwich, inserted the straw into the milk tea, then drank one himself and held the other one towards Bai Yutang's mouth.

"Do you mean Qiao Weiming?" Bai Yutang thought for a moment and said, "I think his behaviour is quite just, but did you hear anything different from Gong Sun's words?"

Zhan Zhao nodded. "Gong Sun wasn't happy with Qiao Weiming. It seems that the reason he left wasn't because he wanted to retire."

"Jiang Ping should be able to find his information." Bai Yutang drove the car to the parking lot. "See what he's doing now."

As soon as the car stopped, they saw another black car arrive. Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao looked at each other. It was Bai Jintang's car.

The car stopped beside them. Bai Jintang got off and opened the door for Gong Sun.

"Big Bro." Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang obediently said together. They glanced at each other and thought, "Gong Sun is good. Big Bro never opens the door for anyone, yet he's doing it today. It seems like he's been tamed."

Gong Sun came out of the car with a thick book and a stack of materials in his hands. Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang were a little surprised.

"Gong Sun, what have you got? There's so much." Bai Yutang asked curiously.

"Books with information about fires." Gong Sun said, "I went to the library this morning. After reading the autopsy report yesterday, I thought the death of the students were very suspicious." As he spoke, Bai Jintang grabbed the pile from him and went upstairs together.

"Jintang?" Bai Yutang asked, "are you going up too?" He believed that Bai Jintang had another motive.

Bai Jintang looked at the curious Bai Yutang and Zhan Zhao, then said with a smile, "I heard that you are going to visit the haunted house today, so I came to join. I just happened to be free today." With that, he took the materials and books in one arm, put his arm around Gong Sun's shoulder with the other and walked to the elevator. Then, he pressed the up button.