Case 2. Killer VS Killer: Chapter 18. Face To Face Confrontation

When Zhao Jue entered the living room of the villa, he saw several members of SCI sitting on the sofa, looking warily at him. Zhao Jue looked around and sat down gracefully on an iron stool. The servant brought tea, as Zhao Jue picked up the black tea and sipped it with a satisfied smile.

At this time, Gong Sun came down from the second floor. Zhao Jue looked up at him and smiled. Gong Sun also looked back, and then looked at the people from SCI. He felt helpless, as the atmosphere was very awkward.

"Have you guys eaten?" Gong Sun walked over and hugged Luo Yang on the sofa. "Yang Yang, are you hungry?"

"Yep." Yang Yang nodded. He had only focused on having fun today, so he didn't realize how hungry he was until now. However, Luo Yang noticed that Luo Tian was being vigilant towards Zhao Jue, so he also put up his guard.

Bai Yutang looked at Zhan Zhao and raised his eyes, as if saying, "This kid has been raised well."

Zhan Zhao smiled. "Envious? Do you want a child as well?"

Bai Yutang smiled. "Not really, since you can't give birth to one."

"Where's Bai Jintang?" Zhan Zhao flushed and turned his eyes towards Gong Sun.

"In the study, he said he had to take care of some things." Gong Sun took Yang Yang to the kitchen to get food, as the others were also very hungry. The twins had already arranged dinner. Bai Yutang, Zhan Zhao, Ou Yangchun and Zhao Jue had already eaten, so they sat on the sofa drinking tea.

Soon, the people of SCI were lively again, and everyone was eating and chatting. Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang were reading the information and discussing the case on the sofa.

Zhao Jue looked around and suddenly asked Ou Yangchun, "Where's the bathroom?"

This was Ou Yangchun's first time here. He looked blankly at Zhan Zhao and Bai Yutang. Zhan Zhao pointed towards the corridor opposite the living room. "Turn left through the corridor. It's next to the stairs."

Zhao Jue stood up and walked towards the corridor.

When he came out of the bathroom, he did not go back to the living room. Instead, he went up the stairs.

The lights on the second floor were not turned on, and on one side of the dark staircase was a tall glass wall. As the place was located halfway up a mountain, there was a beautiful night view with bright lights.

"It's a nice view, right?" Zhao Jue asked Zhan Zhao. It was unknown when he had arrived.

Zhan Zhao actually watched Zhao Jue go to the bathroom and saw that he hadn't returned. Zhan Zhao walked up to stand next to him, looking at the view together.

"Yes, it is." Zhan Zhao put his hands in his pockets.

"However, when the beauty of a city is only at night, it shows that the city no longer belongs to the people." Zhao Jue looked at Zhan Zhao and said, "Isn't that right?"

Zhan Zhao smiled and said, "Why? Are you interested in literature now?"

"Hehe..." Zhao Jue smiled and winked at Zhan Zhao. "What kind of car would drive through the mountains without turning on the lights?"

Zhan Zhao was slightly stunned. "A car that is afraid of being noticed." With that, he turned and ran downstairs.

Zhao Jue smiled and looked at the mountain road not far away. Four military jeeps approached the villa quietly.

"Xiao Bai, people are heading this way." Zhan Zhao ran into the living room to talk to Bai Yutang. At the same time, the electronic alarm sounded. Da Ding and Xiao Ding opened the small surveillance screen by the wall and saw four military jeeps driving past the cameras, heading towards the villa at the top of the hill.