Chapter 26

Jayda's POV

"What do you mean?" I asked her already knowing the answer. She looked at her hand. "I don't want you to be mad at me." She said quietly as a tear rolled down her cheek. "I'm s-so sorry." She whispered.

"No baby, don't be sorry, you have nothing to apologize for. Everything is fine, I promise mi amour." I said softly. "Can you hand it to me?" i asked softly. She looked at me and back down at her hand. She shook her head no.

"Okay, how about we try when we get to my house, sound good?" I asked her. She nodded. I drove home before getting out. I went to her side and let her climb on my back. I unlocked the door and went straight to my room.

I sat her down on my bed. "I'll be right back." I said to her she nodded. She whimpered as she squeezed tighter. "Hey no no no, don't do that." I said to her. "I-I'm sorry." She said quietly as she let go a little.

"It's ok, everything is going to be ok, can you count to 20 for me? While your doing that think of your fav memory ok?" I told her. She nodded as she closed her eyes and started counting. I quickly went to the bathroom grabbing ace bandages, peroxide, and some tissue.

I wet it a little before heading back to my room. Billie still had her eyes closed as she said 20. She opened her eyes and looked at me. I sat in front of her and tried to open her hand, but she snatched it away from me.

"No." She said as tears ran down her cheeks. "Ok ok." I said. "Can you tell me about your favorite memory?" I asked her. She stared at me for a second before opening her mouth to speak. "I-I thought back to when I was happy." She said quietly.

"Can you tell me about it?" I asked. She nodded. "M-Me and my family were at a beach. I forgot which one. I was 7 and finn was 11. We had an amazing time. He let me bury him in the sand and we even made a sand castle, but I kicked it down." She said as she chuckled.

"Finn was so mad, he picked me up and put me in the water. We splashed around a lot." She said. As I listened to her, I took her hand and began to open it. I took the blade from her and began cleaning her hand.

"Then we went to some sort of restaurant, I don't remember, but it had some bomb ass shrimp alfredo." She said. I chuckled. "Finn let me borrow some fries, and we pretended to be walruses." She chuckled some more.

"I didn't have a care in the world because It was just me and my family, and people were so much nicer." She said sadly. "I guess I just miss the old times." She mumbled. "I know how you feel billie." I said softly as I wrapped her hand.

"I know I put on this 'bad bitch' act or whatever, but I haven't been happy since my dad died. He was my person, of course me and my mom are close, it's just I was closer with my dad. He was my light in dark situations. I miss him a lot, but everyday I keep going for him, because I know he wouldn't want me to sit on my ass and mope around." We both chuckled.

"You have to keep going billie, I know that your family would want you to, they just want to see you happy, nothing more nothing less." I said to her as I finished. She looked down at her hand and back up at me.

"You distracted me." She said with a small smile. "That was the plan." I said to her. "I'm sorry for not giving you the blade." She whispered. "It's ok baby, I'm not mad." I said to her. "Wanna watch tv? I have to take you home after though.

"Yea, the office?" She asked. "Of course baby." I said. We laid down and she cuddled into me. I was careful with her ankle making sure I didn't touch it by mistake. We watched the office for a couple of hours.

I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I yelled. It was my mom. "Yea?" I asked. "Dinner's ready." She said. "Okay." I said and cuddled back into billie. She smiled softly before leaving. "You ready to eat?" I asked her.

She nodded. I got up and picked her up. She wrapped her legs around me before laying her head down on my shoulder. We went downstairs and sat at our usual spots. I saw Jason and brooke, but I ignored Jason.

"Hello." I said to brooke. "Hey." She said. Everyone ate in silence. My mom could sense the tension between me and my brother. I know he's sorry for what he did, I just need time to process I guess.

After a few minutes, me and billie were done eating. "Cmon, let me take you home." I said to billie. She nodded before climbing on my back. I grabbed my keys telling my mom that I'll be back.

I sat her in the car and she played music. As soon as she turned on the radio her song Bad Guy started to play. I saw her eyes light up. Did I mention she out out an EP? Probably not. "I-I'm on the radio." She said excitedly.

"I'm on the fucking radio." She repeated. "Yes baby you are." I said. She started recording and we jammed to her song. I arrived at her house and she had a big smile on her face. I'm glad she's feeling better.

"Thank you Jay, for helping me today." She said softly. I smiled and looked at her. "It's no problem, I love you billie." I said to her and gave her a kiss. She pulled away and smiled at me. "I love you too Jayda." She said.

"Now help me in the house." She said. I chuckled. I turned off my car before going to her side and letting her get on my back. "You got your keys?" I asked. "yea." She said. She handed them to me and I unlocked the door.

"Hello everyone. I said as I walked into the house. "Oh my what happened." Maggie said. "I tripped." Billie spit out before I could answer. I furrowed my eyebrows. Has she not been telling her mom the truth.

"I tripped and fell, and sprained my ankle." She said. "Oh ok, be careful next time sweetie." She said. "Yea mom I know, it won't happen again." She said. "Do you have crutches?" I asked her skipping over the fact she lied.

I respect her wishes on not wanting to tell her mom. "Uh yea, somewhere in my closet." She said as I sat her down. I went to look for them and I sat them by her bed. "Okay, call me if you need me, and be nice to your brother." I said as I pointed a finger at her.

"Yea yea." She said as she waved me off. "Billie I'm serious." I said. "I know I know." She said as she raised her hands defensively. "Gimme kiss." She said. I walked over to her and gave her a kiss. "I love you." I said softly. "I love you too Jayda." She said.

"Good night." I said as I left her room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/n- Sorry for mistakes, stay safe. Love you.!

1264 words