#6

~ PRETEND ~
×
- Confession, an alibi -

Y/n is walking back and forth, biting her nails nervously. She just got a contact from Mrs Lee and was informed by a very shocking and wrecking news.

[ "We wish to arrange the wedding soon. Probably in a month from now" ]

She can't hold the stress she's having. In a month?! She's going back to the US after three weeks. She can't get married. What if when she gets married and will have to stay with Heeseung.

Who knows what Heeseung will make her do. Cancel her studies, making her a house wife?! No definitely no!! He's evil!! He can do anything and she will not let him ruin her future!!

"I can't let this go on... I don't want my ambition to get ruined!! I've worked my guts to get to this point!! Just cancelling it like that... It's really gonna break me..."

"I have to confess... I have to tell them..."

Mrs Lee rushes to the door after hearing the doorbell rings. She opens the door and was surprise to see y/n.

"Olivia!"

"good afternoon mom." She greets and Mrs Lee notices her serious expression.

"come in!! What brings you here?? I'm sorry but Heeseung is out with his friends right now."

"That's good then..."

"actually Mrs- I mean mom..."

"honey, I know it's quite odd for you to call me that so suddenly, but I'm happy that you're my daughter in law."

"yes yes- wait, you are...??"

Y/n paused and Mrs Lee nods and sighs softly.

"that Heeseung boy... Sometimes I feel sorry for him but I just wish he could be more independent of himself... I'm going to tell you something but keep it a secret from anyone else, especially my husband okay??"

She pulls y/n to a pinky. Y/n looks at the pinky and goes silent, she suddenly wants Mrs Lee to continue, forgetting about the main reason she came here.

"I thought Heeseung was lieing about having a girlfriend. My husband has arranged him with another girl, the daughter of his business partner. But my husband doesn't know about that girl's status..."

"her status...??"

"that girl Sasha, I can't trust her even a bit. She's not a good person for my son. To be frank, she's a... Slut...?"

Her face scrunches when she uttered the word lowly. Y/n was surprised. Heeseung was gonna get arranged to a woman who probably have slept with men.

"Well... Not that it's my business... But he has to be thankful for this..."

"Heeseung knows her for a long time and from the look of it, I know he doesn't want to have anything to do with her. I also don't want her for him. That's why I'm so glad when you finally showed up... He might be engaged by now if you didn't..."

Y/n frowns.

"Mrs Lee... It's not like that... It's not real... Please don't have such hopes on me..."

"so what brings you here sweetie??"

Now she's hesitating about her decision. Should she just play along and face the consequences or fight it?