Chapter 3 (Rewritten)

Chapter 3

Confusion

*Bailey*

            The day finally ends and I stop by my locker before leaving. I walk across the parking lot to my car. I unlock the door and climb in. When it starts, a warning beep fills the car and I look at the screen on my dashboard to see that it's notifying me of low air pressure in my tires. I sigh as I turn my car off and climb out to examine my tires.

Confusion fills me as I look at the sight, and then anger. A large gash extends across the top of my tire. I walk around my car, noticing that they all have the same gash.

"You've got to be kidding me." I sigh as I run my hand through my hair.

            "Well that's unfortunate." Kelsey says, coming to stand next me as she looks at my tires. "Who would have done such a thing?" Lacey and Casey try to stifle their giggles.

"I could call the cops and have all of you arrested."

"Go ahead." Lacey says as she shrugs her shoulders. "What proof do you have to prove it was us?" I roll my eyes as I realize I have none. "Have fun walking home."

The girls leave, not bothering to hold in their laughs this time. I look around the parking lot for Kassia's and Spencer's cars but unfortunately they'd already left. I kick my already flat tire in frustration before leaning against my car. If I call my mother, she'd be so upset she would contact the principle and make everything worse for me at school. If I call my father I'd be disturbing him from his work. As a lawyer who knows whether he's in court or some type of meeting. I guess my only choice is to walk.

*Marco*

            As the guys and I leave the building, I see the girls laughing as they come to stand with us. Just behind them I see Bailey kick her car in frustration.

"Hey babe." Kyle greets Kelsey before he meets his lips with hers. I look away, already feeling my food rising up from my stomach. Bailey leans against her car with her arms folded and stares off into space as if she's mulling something over.

            "Where were you?" Dustin asks Lacey as he wraps his arm around her waist.

            "We slashed the tires of that goody two shoes over there." Lacy smiles. "Now she's trying to figure out a way home."

            "Brutal." Lance says.

            I return my attention back over to Bailey who wipes something away from her cheek. Did they make her cry?

            "I'm going to head home." I tell them before I make my way over to Bailey.

            "I thought we were hanging out today." Dustin says.

            "Another time." Bailey doesn't notice me as I approach her. A tear rolls down her cheek and I refrain from wiping it away. "Hey Bailey."

She jumps at my voice and quickly wipes away the tear on her cheek, obviously trying to hide the evidence of her crying.

            "What do you want?" she asks bitterly. "Here to cause more trouble?"

            "No. I just... I know what the girls did to your car. I thought I'd give you a ride home."

            "Yeah, right. This was probably your idea." Her friend Spencer sat with her at lunch. Why didn't he put in a good word for me like I'd asked? "Anything to ruin someone's day, or potentially their life."