Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Old Habits Die Hard

Marco's P.O.V*

Today is my birthday and I'm grounded. I didn't really want to do anything, but it still sucks to be grounded on my birthday. The girls want us to sneak out and go somewhere, but I don't want to do anything. I've snuck out plenty of times, but it doesn't seem worth it for something like this.

I cleaned my room like my mom told me. She's still upset that I got in trouble at the mall. After I cleaned my room, I went downstairs for a soda. My mom was in the kitchen making dinner. I walked past her to the refrigerator. I grabbed a coke and sat down at the kitchen table.

"I'm sorry to keep you in for your birthday," My mom said. "but you need to know you have consequences. I mean, you're considered an adult now, so you need..."

"So does that mean I can just leave, now that I'm an adult?"

She turned around and gave me a you're-not-off-the-hook look. I sighed and took a sip of my soda.

"You need to learn these things. One day you're going to have a family and you'll be a role model." A shiver ran down my spine. She has no idea how close that one day will be. Unless it doesn't count since I'm not going to be in there lives. Though Bailey wants me to go to an ultrasound with her tomorrow. I don't want to go, but I promised her I'd be there for her.

I finished my soda and went into the living room to watch TV. I laid on the couch and flipped through the channels. I began to think of Bailey. By this time, I'd call Bailey and be talking to her. Now that we're broken up, It'd just be weird for me to call her. But I do miss the sound of her voice...

I pulled my phone from my pocket and dialed Bailey. It rang a couple of times then she answered,

"Marco? What do you want?" She sounded like she just woke up. It's only 7:00, why would she be sleep? "What time is it?"

"It's 7:00. Why are you just waking up?"

"I get tired. Right now I'm feeling nauseous. Anyway, what do you want?"

"I just wanted to see how you're doing. I haven't talked to you in a while."

"There's a reason for that. We're not together anymore, so why call? Also, I heard about what happened at the mall." Everyone's heard. Secrets aren't kept well at our school.

"Of course you have."

"Ya know, you really have to change your ways. It won't look good for the..."

"Don't bring them up. You know my decision and I'm sticking by it. I shouldn't have called, see you tomorrow at 11:00." Before she could say anything, I hung up and put the phone in my pocket.

Bailey's P.O.V*

I clicked the end button on my phone and sat it back on my nightstand. Now that Marco had woken me up, I'm no longer tired. I got out of bed, feeling even more nauseous. I headed out of my room to go downstairs. My mom should be cooking dinner.

I smelled dinner and I walked into the kitchen. My mom was pulling dinner out of the oven.

"Hey sweetie, how was your nap?" My mom asked me.

"It was going well, until Marco called and woke me up."

"He called? What for?"
"No reason. Usually I'd love to hear from him, but ever since the day he got arrested..."

"Understandable. Is he still going to the ultrasound tomorrow?"

I nodded. "Yeah, he's still going. we'll see how that goes. He might run out like last time on Halloween."