Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Am I Forgetting Something?

It was getting close to the back to school dance. It would be in two days. I shopped with Kassia and found a dress. She had convinced Scott to take her. Spencer and Hannah were going. I was excited about it, but Marco didn't seem so happy. I was going to drag him whether or not he wanted to go.

I was saying good-bye to Marco in the school parking lot. His arms wrapped around my waist.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I told him.

"Okay." He leaned down and gave me a kiss.

"Marco, let's go!" Someone yelled. Marco broke away and looked up at Dustin. "I promised this guy, I don't want to be late."

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"Dustin promised some guy a skate off. I don't really want to do it, but he's my friend."

"Well, good luck."

"Thanks." He gave me one last kiss, before walking off with Dustin.

Marco's P.O.V*

I drove myself, Chase, Eric, and Paul. The others drove with their girlfriends. They all have their drivers license, but they're parents don't trust them since they've been in trouble so much. I'm tired of driving them around.

I pulled into the parking lot close to the skate park. I found a parking spot and we all got out of the car. I grabbed my board and we headed into the skate park. There was a bigger crowd of people than usual and I saw our competition. They were a bunch of scrawny kids who looked like amateurs. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked. "A bunch of kids? D, you let a bunch of kids screw you over?"

"They challenged me."

"Well let's get this over with."

After a while, the competition was over and of course we won. The kids, who looked to be in 7th grade, were all frowning at us.

"Better luck next time." I mocked.

"We so had you!" A kid with long reddish hair said.

"You had nothing." Paul said.

"We'll get you back." A kid with curly blond hair promised.

"Whenever you're ready." Lance told them.

We left and I dropped the guys off at their homes. I didn't feel like going home, so I headed to Bailey's instead. Her dad may not like me, but I have to other people in the house who are on my side. I pulled into Bailey's driveway and parked the car. I stared at her house for a moment before getting out. It still surprises me that a girl like Bailey can actually love me. She has money, and a great home life. I guess I'm just a lucky guy.

I walked up to her front door and rang the doorbell. I waited for a few seconds and the door opened, revealing Mr. Hartlem. He frowned when he realized who I was. He really hates me.

"What do you want?" He asked me a little harshly.

"I'm here to see Bailey." I said with no emotion.

"She's not here right now."

"But her car...."

"She went with a friend." I sighed.

"Who's at the door, dad?" I heard Bailey ask. If that's not Bailey, it must be some alien since she's not home. "Marco. Hey, come in." She grabbed my hand and pulled me in.