Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Do I Love You?

Marco's P.O.V*

When Bailey didn't say anything back, I began to panic. Maybe I said it too soon, or she just doesn't love me at all. I pulled away from her and looked in her eyes. She looked panicked and scared.

"What?" I asked her, hoping she'd say something back. "Do you not love me back?" I had to get the question out in the open.

She slid from under me and stood up, buttoning up her shirt. I quickly stood up and grabbed my shirt and put it back on. She began to walk towards my car. I grabbed my sketch book and followed.

"Bailey, talk to me."

"Take me home."

"You didn't answer my question."

"I don't know if I do. I can't fall in love in only three weeks. I'm not that kind of person."

"I'll take you home, but think about it. We have a connection, a strong one."

"Just please take me home." She got in the car and buckled up. I sighed and got in the drivers side.

I drove Bailey home in silence. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything. I was in the mood and I felt it was the right time to tell her. I have a big mouth. Why did I have to blurt out my feelings? I should've just kept them inside like I always do.

I pulled into Bailey's driveway, and she got out without saying a word or looking back. I groaned and threw my head back in frustration. I can't believe this is happening. Especially since we just got back together.

I pulled out of Bailey's driveway and drove home in frustration. I parked my car and headed in the house. Uncle Anton and my mom were cleaning up dinner.

"Hey Marco, how was the date?" Uncle Anton asked me.

"It was great until the end."

"Why, what happened?"

"I blurted out my feelings and she doesn't feel the same way."

"You told her you love her?" My mom asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, and she says she doesn't know how she feels. I should've just kept my mouth shut."

"No you shouldn't have. She needs to know, or it wouldn't be fair to you. She'll come around. I've talked with her once, and she really cares about you. She loves you too."

"I wish I could hear her say it."

Bailey's P.O.V*

I can't believe Marco told me he loves me. After all we've been through, he loves me. But we've only been going out for three weeks. Can people really fall in love that quickly? Yeah, I really like him. But am I in love with him?

My mom was cleaning up dinner. I walked into the kitchen and helped her with the dishes.

"Hey sweetie. How was the date?"

"Awkward."

"What happened to make it awkward?"

"Marco confessed to me that he loves me."

"What did you say back?"

"I said I don't know how I feel. I really don't." I stopped working on the plate I was washing. "I love being close to him, and I really care about him, but I don't know if I'm in love with him."

"You are. It's written all over your face. I could tell at dinner when we met him, but your father couldn't. You love him and you know it."

After helping my mom with the dishes, I went to bed. My mom is right. I can't help but smile when I'm around him. And when he holds me, I don't want him to let me go. I'm in love with Marco. But how do I tell him after what happened tonight?