Chapter 2 (Rewritten)

Chapter 2

Like or Hate?

*Bailey*

            He smiles and I clutch my books tighter as butterflies begin to fill my stomach. Why do I feel this way? He's a bully, a delinquent. He does nothing but terrorize the town. Just last night he dumped soda all over my friends and me. I should turn the other way.

            "Pretty." He compliments. "I'll see you around Bailey." He walks away and I turn to my friends who give me disappointed looks.

            "What the hell was that?" Spencer asks. "Were you flirting with him? He's a criminal."

            "It was just my name. What's wrong with that?" I shrug.

            "It was more than that." Kassia says, crossing her arms over her chest. "If you speak to him again, or even consider going out with him, I'll kill you myself. Okay?"

            "Okay, miss melodramatic." I roll my eyes. "Let's head to class, I want to make a good impression on the first day."

*Marco*

            I catch up with my friends at our lockers. Kyle has a freshman's head smashed against his locker as he explains the rules. Dustin takes another freshman's glasses and throws them on the floor. He then quickly stomps on them, breaking them into pieces.

            "These weren't doing you any good, given you can't see that these lockers are marked."  he says to the now blind freshman. "Now get out of here before I decide to smash something else."

            The freshman quickly runs away, tripping over his feet. Kyle then finally releases his own and I laugh at the marks from the locker on the freshman's face.

            "Think they got the message?" I ask.

            "If not, we can tell them again later." Dustin says with a shrug. "So where were you?"

            "I tried to get a girls number." I admit.

            "You failed?" Lance asks, bursting into laughter. "You know the girls here are too afraid of you to say yes. But I commend you on your bravery."

            "Thanks Lance." I roll my eyes.

            "What's so funny?" Kelsey asks, joining our group. Kyle wraps an arm around her waist as they exchange a kiss. Lacey stands by Dustin's side and like usual, Casey gravitates towards me.

            "Marco tried to get a girl's number and failed." Paul explains.

            "Who's?" Casey asks with furrowed brows.

            "She's just a girl." I shrug. "Don't worry about it."

            A familiar face walks by and I quickly follow. Bailey's guy friend, who may potentially be her boyfriend.

            "Hey!" I call, grabbing his attention. He looks at me then with a roll of his eyes, he walks away. "Hey, stop walking!" I grab a fist full of his shirt and yank, causing him to stumble back. "I need to talk to you."
             "What?" He asks irritably, fixing his shirt.

            "Bailey, are you two dating or what?"

            "What? Ew, no. We're just friends. If you're thinking about hooking up with her, don't. She's not your type and frankly, I don't want you anywhere near her."