Chapter 18

Chapter 18

I Forgive You

I woke up and went downstairs for breakfast. I was surprised to see my dad sitting at the table.

"Dad? Hey, welcome back." I walked over and gave him a hug.

"Hey sweetheart. I'm sorry I didn't get to say good-bye. How was school this week?"

"School was good. I had a test yesterday in biology. I'm sure I passed. I studied a lot."

"I'm sure you passed too. Are you still dating that..."

"Marco? Yeah, of course. We broke up once this week, but that was just a misunderstanding. We're back together and in love."

"In love?" My dad chuckled. "A boy like that isn't capable of loving. You shouldn't buy into his lies sweetie."

"He's not lying. I love him too. Why can't you just accept him? Mom has."

I'm not mad at my dad, and I don't hate him. I understand where he's coming from. But Marco has changed a lot since we've been going out. When we broke up and got back together, at first Marco was going back to his old self. But Marco isn't the same anymore. I wish he'd see that.

After breakfast, I went upstairs to get dressed. I slipped on a pair of jean shorts, a pink tube top, and Lo Pro vans. After, I did my homework. I don't have a lot and I have none from Biology and none from History.

After a while, I finished my homework and watched TV with my mom. My dad was in his office.

"I won't be home for dinner. I'm going to see a movie then have dinner with Marco."

"Alright. But so that I have some piece of mind. You're using protection right?"

"Of course. I'm not stupid Mom."

"Alright then."

It came close to the time Marco had to pick me up. I put on some makeup and headed downstairs to wait. Not long after, the doorbell rang. I got up to answer it and was surprised that it wasn't Marco at the door. I looked at the person standing in the doorway.

"James Gerald?" I asked in disbelief. He had longer hair and a slight beard. He wore jeans and a brown t-shirt. He held a baby boy in his arms that only looked a couple of months old.

"Hey Bailey. Long time no see."

"What do you want?" I suddenly felt rage. How could he show up on my doorstep after all that's happened? He surely has a death wish.

"I was in the neighborhood and thought I'd say hello. This is my son Jeremy."

"I don't care. Why aren't you with Stephanie?"

"We broke up after Jeremy was born. Now I'm stuck paying child support and can only see him on the weekends."

"Well that sucks for you."

I was in the process of shutting the door, but he stopped me. I sighed and glared at him.

"Wait. Aren't you going to invite me in? It's been so long. You're just as beautiful as I remember."

"I have a date in a few minutes so I think you should leave."

"Really, with who?"

"It's none of your business. Now get off my doorstep."

I heard a car pull into my driveway and saw Marco sitting in the car. I shut the door behind me and walked over to Marco's car.

"I'll come back later." He said.