Chapter 31

Chapter 31

Christmas

It's Christmas Eve and I'll be 16 weeks in two days. Marco and me have been calling each other everyday so far. He's been more involved with me and the babies, but he still seems scared. I'm trying to not push him to be a father, and letting him come around on his own. I'd finished my Christmas shopping. I got my mom a new book and my dad a new briefcase. It was the things they wanted. I got Spencer a cool bracelet and cologne. I got Kassia cute boots and a cute sweater. Hopefully they'll like what I got them.

I was walking into the kitchen to get something to eat when I had the urge to puke. I quickly ran to the closest bathroom and puked. I hadn't felt nausea in a while. I sat on the bathroom floor and held my head in my hands. I still feel sick, but I don't need to puke. I wiped my mouth for anything there. I hope I don't get sick tomorrow. It would ruin my entire Christmas.

I got up and rinsed my mouth out and washed my hands. After, I went upstairs to clear out the extra bedroom since I was no longer hungry. I was past the halfway point and only had a few last things to clear out and pack away. I wanted a theme for the babies, and I'm thinking on Winnie the Pooh. Who doesn't love Winnie the Pooh? It's like every kids favorite.

I packed away the rest of the things by 5:00. After I was finished, I was hungry. I went downstairs and grabbed a snack to hold me till dinner. My dad was working on a tough case and my mom was out buying groceries. She's been gone for a while so she should be back soon to make dinner. If not, I'll have to make it.

I sat in the living room and read through a pregnancy book. It's about time I learn how to take care of myself and the babies while pregnant and how to take care of the babies after their here. And hopefully Marco will be there for us, and we'll be a happy family.

I was finishing a chapter when the doorbell rang. I knew my dad wasn't going to budge, so I got up and answered it. I opened the door to see Marco, with his hands in his pockets. He gave me a small smile.

"Hey Marco, what's up?"

"I want to give you your Christmas present since I won't see you tomorrow." He pulled a longish, blue box from his pocket and held it out. My heart began to race. It was a velvet box, the kind for expensive jewelry. I opened it and gasped when I saw a diamond necklace. It was shaped as a heart and had dangling, diamond baby booties in the middle. There were small diamonds outlining the heart. "Well?"

"I-I love it. It's gorgeous. But... how could you afford this?"

"Well, I've been saving up my money since I was 7. I was waiting to buy something really important. Like something for you."

"That's really sweet."

"Let me put it on you, see how it looks."

Marco took the box from me and took the necklace out. He put the box in his pocket and motioned for me to turn around. I put my back to him and let him put the necklace on me. I let Marco in and went to look in a mirror. It was beautiful and went with everything. I can't believe he spent his life savings on me and I didn't get him anything special.

I went back into the living room to see Marco looking around. He stopped and looked up at me, giving me a smile.

"It's great. Thanks you so much. But I can't help but feel bad that you spent your life savings on me."

"It's not my life savings since I'm still alive. I can start again, and hopefully get a job. If anyone will hire me."

"I'm sure it's hard for you, not being able to work."

I walked over to Marco and took him into a hug. He seemed shocked at first but then he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me back. I buried my head in his chest and closed my eyes. I miss this. We're never this close anymore.