Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Sleepover

I glared at my dad. How could he be so mean to Marco? He answered everything right. He did nothing wrong.

"Tim, you didn't have to be so rude!" My mom scolded. She's pissed and she's usually never pissed. "He may be in a gang, but he treats our daughter right and that's the best you can hope for. I've seen less in the papers about those boys since Bailey and Marco started going out. She's changing that boy."

"I don't care Martha. He's a delinquent and should not be dating our daughter. He doesn't even want to go to college! I don't want him putting those type of thoughts in our daughters head! His kind is not welcome around my family."

"Stop talking like I'm not even here!" I yelled. "Marco is nice and caring. You obviously don't see what I see. And your questions were completely irrational! He'll probably never speak to me again."

"That's perfectly okay with me. You shouldn't be around kids like him."

"Tim, I'm allowing her to continue seeing Marco, whether you like it or not. Your objection has been overruled. You're a lawyer, you do the math." With that my mom walked away.

I sighed with relief and went up to my room to call Marco. I love that my mom sees things the way I do. She understands more than my dad does. I can actually talk to her and come to her with my problems. I'm closer to my mom than my dad for those reasons.

I walked into my room and shut the door behind me. I picked up my phone and dialed Marco. It rang a couple of times before he answered.

"Hey Bailey." His voice sounded a little shaky and distant.

"Are you alright? I'm sorry about my dad. He's a lawyer so he's judgey. But my mom likes you, so she's continuing to let us see each other. It's two against one, so we win." I smiled.

"That's a relief. I thought I was going to have to do something drastic."

"You like me that much?"

"Of course I do."

Marco's P.O.V*

Getting that call from Bailey was a huge relief. I told my uncle and mom about what happened and my mom came to the decision of not liking Mr. Hartlem. I'm on her side, but Mrs. Hartlem seemed alright. She seems understanding. She's almost like Bailey.

I changed into my pajamas and got into bed. I turned off my light and closed my eyes. Before I could get comfortable, my cell began to ring. I reached over to my nightstand and answered, not looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Marco, it's Justin Brown."

"Oh, hey. Haven't heard from you in a while. What's up?"

"Well I'm having a house party Sunday. You should come. Bring anyone you want, and they can bring their friends."

"Sounds good. Thanks man."

"Yup." I hung up, sat my phone back on my nightstand and went to sleep.

When I woke up, it was 10:30. I sighed and got up. I ran downstairs. Uncle Anton was looking through a pad. I sighed and turned to go into the kitchen, then I recognized the pad he was looking through. I turned back towards him and rushed over. I grabbed my sketch pad and glared at him.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked him.

"Hey, watch the language." He said with a smirk. "I saw it on your desk and was curious. You're really good. Your dad used to tell me about your art awards when you were a kid."