Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Everything Is Okay

It's the end of the day and I haven't heard from Marco. He went all the way to New York so he's most likely not back yet. He left today, but he hasn't called or text me. I walked with Kassia and Spencer to the parking lot.

"So guys," I started. "We should have a sleep over this weekend like the old times. It's been forever."

"Really, Bailey? We're not little kids anymore." Spencer told me, a smirk on his face.

"I think it's a great idea." Kassia said.

"I guess. But don't talk about girly stuff. When we were younger, you didn't really have girl problems to talk about."

"We promise not to bore you."

Before I reached my car, I gave Spencer and Kassia each a hug. We parted ways and headed to our cars. I opened my door and got in. It's been peaceful without Marco's gang here. And since Kelsey is with her brother Paul at court, the rest of her girls aren't bothering anybody. I started my engine and headed home.

Marco's P.O.V*

My mom glared at me and I scowled in return. I forgotten about my Uncle Anton until he appeared behind my mom.

"Alright, let's simmer down. I'm hungry." He said.

"I'm hungry too." I said, looking at him.

"Then it's settled. Let's get out of here. I feel as though I did something illegal."

Uncle Anton drove us to a nearby Burger King. We went through the drive through, wanting to get on the road quickly. I got a Double Whopper with fries and a coke. Uncle Anton got a regular Whopper with fries and a vanilla milkshake. My mom got a salad with water. She's more of the healthy type. I think the only reason why I'm still thin and fit, is because my mom always cooks healthy dinners.

Bailey's P.O.V*

I finished my homework and put it back into my backpack. I grabbed my phone from my pocket and checked it for missed calls or messages. I had none. I sighed and stuffed my phone back into my pocket. Is he ever going to call and give me some news? I'm dying over here. Maybe he's still in court?

My phone rang, making me jump. I hurriedly took it from my pocket and looked at the caller ID. It was Kassia. I groaned. I was hoping it was Marco with news. I reluctantly answered the phone.

"I called Scott and guess what..." Kassia yelled through the phone. I held it away from my ear and grimaced. Jeez, Kassia can be too hyper sometimes. "We have a date this Friday! Can you believe it?"

"That's great Kassia."

"But what about the sleepover?"

"I was planning on having it Saturday. Spencer has to work Friday and Marco is meeting my parents."

"Marco is meeting your parents?" I could tell there was a smile on her face. "That's something to see. Do they know he's a gang leader?" She began to laugh lightly.

"No, which makes me scared. My dad will never approve."

"Then don't tell them. Tell Marco not to tell them and everything should be okay."

"You're right. Why didn't I think of that?"

"Because you can't top my awesomeness."

"You mean your craziness."

"Jealous!." She sang. We began to laugh.

After talking with Kassia for about an hour and a half, I took a nap. I was really waiting for Marco to call, but I accidentally fell asleep. I was woken up by my mom's soft voice and slight shaking.