Chapter 37

Chapter 37

For Us

Today I'm 24 weeks and one day pregnant. Marco is almost finished with the nursery and Justin still doesn't know that I know about his blackmail. I'm afraid to say something to him because I don't want to lose him, but I also hate him for being that cruel to someone. Marco may have been a jerk and heartless, but he doesn't disserve to die.

I drove home, wanting to take a nap and clear my head. Marco would be over later today, but my mom could let him in. He already knows what to do. Besides, I don't really want to see him today.

I pulled into the driveway and went inside. I went straight up to my room and climbed into bed. I was just getting comfortable when my cell rang. I groaned and answered it.

"Hey Bailey. I was wondering if we could talk." Justin said.

"Can we do that tomorrow? I'm tired."

"Please? It'll just take a minute."

"Fine, go ahead."

"Can we do it in person?"

"Are you kidding me?" He didn't answer. "Fine, but hurry up."

I ended the call and got up. I went downstairs to wait, then I realized no one else was here. I went into the kitchen and there was a note on the fridge. It read:

Sorry we didn't tell you we were leaving. Your father is having a dinner with his boss. It could mean a promotion so he couldn't turn it down. We left early because his boss lives about an hour away. Don't be mean to Marco, and don't let him and Justin be in the same room. We'll be back soon.

Love, your parents.

I sighed. I wish I saw this earlier. The doorbell rang and I went to answer it . I opened the door to see Marco. He smiled and came in. He no longer walks with a limp, but he still has to take his pain meds sometimes.

"Where's your parents?" He asked me.

"They went out to dinner with my dad's boss. He might get a promotion."

"Oh, well that's good. I'd better get to work."

"Okay."

Marco went upstairs and I was left to wait for Justin. I let out a big yawn and closed my eyes. It was a long day at school today. So much work. The doorbell rang and I jumped. I sighed and answered the door. Justin had a smile on his face.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Come in." I said.

He walked in and I closed the door. I turned to him to see him still with a huge smile.

"So what do you want to talk about?"

"Okay, so I wanted to ask you... if you want to go steady." I just stared at him. He wants us to go steady? "Well?"

"Uh... Well..."

"Hey Bailey, I need some towels." Marco said, bouncing down the steps.

"Oh, uh, they're upstairs in the linen closet next to the bathroom."

"Okay, thanks." He retreated back up the stairs and I turned my attention back to Justin.

"I didn't expect you to think about it. Especially for so long."

"It's just that... I know about you and your blackmail."

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't deny it. I overheard your phone call a few weeks ago. And I read one of your text messages."