Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Telling Everyone

I walked around in the mall for a while with Kassia and Spencer. They convinced me to tell my parents tonight. They said they'd be there with me when I do so. For now, we're walking around so I can clear my head. I'm scared of their reactions, but Kassia and Spencer will be there with me.

"Are you sure you don't want to tell Marco at the same time?" Spencer asked me.

"I'm sure. I'd rather him and my dad be separate."

"Good point." I smiled.

It was finally time to go back to my house and tell my parents. We each drove our separate cars since we didn't want to leave them at the mall. I drove slowly and Spencer honked his horn from behind me. I sped up just a little. I'm in no rush to see my parents.

We made it to my house 30 minutes later. I parked in my driveway while Kassia and Spencer were parked along the curb. They both had a comforting hand on my back as we walked in the house. My dad was in his office again and my mom was reading a book. She looked up at us and smiled.

"Oh, hi guys. It's been a while." She said.

"Mom, I have to tell you and Dad something."

"Alright, dear. Tim! Take a break, Bailey needs to tell us something."

Soon my dad was out of the office and the five of us were sitting in the living room. I began feeling nauseous, but I figured it's from the nerves. Kassia made comforting circles on my back.

"What is it sweetie?" My dad asked me.

"I-I'm um... I-I'm..." I can't even get the words out. They're never going to forgive me for this. "This is hard. Mom, Dad.... I'm pregnant." There, the words are out.

My parents just stared at me. I began to finally get a reaction from them. My father's features turned to anger. My mom reached over and took my hand comfortingly

"That boy! It wasn't enough that you're his girlfriend, but he had to go and get you pregnant too!" My dad yelled.

"It's okay sweetie. We'll get through this. How long have you known?" My mom asked in a soothing voice.

"I just found out this morning."

"Does Marco know?" I shook my head. "Well I think maybe you should tell him. He needs to know so he can think things through."

"Think things through?!" My dad yelled. "What do you think his reaction will be?! He's in a gang Martha! He doesn't care about our daughter!"

My mom sighed and turned to my dad, who's face was red. I could tell my mom was getting frustrated.

"Tim, go take a walk. Go blow off some steam. I'll stay and talk with Bailey." My dad reluctantly got up and walked out the door. After, my mom turned back to me. "Maybe we should make you an appointment at the doctors. They might have an opening. We need to know how far along you are. Spencer, Kassia, you can come if Bailey wants you to."

My mom made an appointment and luckily they had an opening. Kassia and Spencer came with us since I needed the support. We walked into the hospital and to the obstetrician office. My mom said that she recommended her obstetrician, so I went with that.

We sat in the waiting room and waited for my name to be called. There were a lot of pregnant women and it made me feel weird. I'm just a teenager, they're probably judging me. Or maybe they think my mom is pregnant.

We waited for a while until they called my name. A guy in a white lab coat, led us to his office. My mom and I took the two seats available while Kassia and Spencer leaned against the wall. The man had grey in his hair and looked in his late forties. My mom is in her mid forties, so when he delivered me, he must've been close to the same age as Mom.