Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I love You

Marco's P.O.V*

I have to get home, but I don't want to wake Bailey. Maybe I can slip from under her without waking her. I moved her arm from around me, gently. When she didn't move, I tried to slide from underneath her. I got one leg out and then my other. Once I was completely from underneath her, I walked over to my skateboard and picked it up. I tossed it into the bushes below. I climbed out her window and began to climb down, slipping a little in places.

I made it to the ground and grabbed my board. I walked around her house to the front, and headed home. Hopefully no one noticed that I'm missing. They won't believe me if I just tell them the truth. I've lied too many times for anyone to believe me.

I came to my house and the lights were off. I ran around to my room and climbed up the vines to my window. I peeked inside for my mom, before fully coming into my room. I slipped off my shirt and pants, and got under the covers. I'd be waking up in two hours.

I groaned when my alarm went off. I had trouble going back to sleep last night, and when I finally close my eyes my alarm goes off. I hit the snooze and went back to sleep. About seven minutes later my alarm went off again. I turned it off and got up. I trudged to the bathroom and took a shower.

After my shower, I was a little more awake. I went to my room and dressed in grey cargo shorts with a light blue shirt and some dark grey vans. I grabbed one of my boards and headed downstairs. My mom was already gone and Uncle Anton was sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal.

Does he know that I got home late? I stared at him as I walked to get some cereal from the cabinet.

"Good morning to you too." He said.

"Sorry, morning."

"What's wrong? You seem worried about something."

"No, I'm fine."

"How did the studying go?"

"She really wanted to study."

"That's good. By the way, I'm leaving tomorrow."

"When are you coming back?"

"I don't know. But I wanted to give you something before I leave."

"What?"

Uncle Anton stood up and told me to follow him. I followed him to the front door. He opened the door and we walked halfway down the path and stopped.

"I'm giving you this, if you promise not to get into anymore trouble. If you do, your mother is going to call me and I'm going to come down here and take it."

"Take what? What is it?" I was beginning to get frustrated.

"Here." He handed me a pair of car keys. I gave him a confused look. He pointed towards the driveway. I walked around to see a 2011 silver Ford Fusion.

"No way! How could you afford this?"

"I'm the manager of a car company."

"I love you Uncle Anton. Thanks so much."

"Remember our deal."

"Yeah, I promise. What did you do with the van?"

"I traded it in."

I drove to school in my new car. It even had the new car smell. I no longer have to worry about the broken door on my van. I can even take Bailey out on a proper date. Too bad all of the guys won't fit in here though.