Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Public

Marco's P.O.V*

I walked back home after leaving Bailey's house. I couldn't drive or my mom would hear me. I was surprised that Bailey only lives five streets down. I can't believe that I never knew this. And now I'm in a relationship with her.

I got to my house and went around back. I climbed up the vines that are growing on our wall. I'm lucky they're strong enough to hold me. I grabbed onto the ledge of my window and pulled myself up. I fell through my window with a thud.

"Ow." I mumbled. I stood up and was surprised to see my mom sitting on my bed. "Mom? How did you...?"

"How could I not know? I'm your mother!" She began cursing me out in Spanish. I sighed. Was I noisy leaving?

"Mom, mom! Calm down. I'm sorry. But you wouldn't let me take Bailey out and I had to explain to her why I never showed up. She would've broken up with me."

"I don't care! Sneaking off in the middle of the night? You've already been arrested and now you were out past curfew. Way past curfew!"

I don't think I'm going to win this one. But I just wanted to go to bed. I'm too tired to argue anymore with her.

"Mom, I'm tired. Can I go to bed? I have school tomorrow."

"Si, si, go to bed. We'll discuss this tomorrow."

Bailey P.O.V*

When Marco finally left, I went back upstairs to go to bed. Luckily my parents didn't hear anything and wake up. I went into my room and got under the covers. Marco was easy to talk to. When I'm with him, I completely forget that he's part of a gang. When he's around his friends, he acts completely different.

I woke up to my alarm and got ready for school I took a shower then went to find something to wear. I pulled out a pair of grey skinny jeans and a purple t-shirt. I rummaged through my closet and found a pair of pink converse. I slipped on my clothes and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my makeup.

After everything was finished, I went downstairs to get breakfast. Mom was setting plates on the table. There were only two since my dad has already left for work.

"Morning." I said.

"Morning sweetie. Sleep well?"

"Yeah."

After breakfast, I headed to school with a smile on my face. I couldn't wait to see Marco. Hopefully his gang and Kelsey and her girls won't make a big deal about everything. Casey seemed the most angry yesterday. Maybe she was just having a bad day.

I pulled into an empty parking space and got out of my car. I walked up to the school entrance. I looked around the parking lot. I didn't see Marco's grey van or Spencer's or Kassia's car. I walked into the building and ran into something.

"Watch it!" A girl yelled. I looked up to see Lacey glaring down at me. When she realized who I was, anger flashed to her face. "Look guys. It's Bailey." Everyone turned to look at me. I noticed the guys were there too and amongst them was Marco. I smiled and walked over to him.

"Hi Marco." I greeted with a smile. He gave me an awkward smile and started to shift his weight. "What's wrong?"

"This isn't a good time Bailey."

"Why not? What's wrong?"

Marco took my hand and led me away from the group. We stopped about a yard away from them.