Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Closer

Marco never came back after he was sent to the office. He was there during history class though. He seemed stressed and worried. It made me wonder what happened? He seemed "normal" this morning. What happened when he went to the office?

Lunch came and I met up with Spencer, Kassia, and Hannah. They were standing outside of the cafeteria.

"Hey." I greeted.

"Hey Bailey." They greeted back.

"Ready to go in?" They nodded and we headed in to get our lunch.

After we had our lunch, we found a table and sat down. We were just getting comfortable when two girls walked up to our table. We looked at them, waiting for them to say something.

"Are you Bailey?" One of the girls asked me.

"Yeah." I answered in an unsure way.

"We were wondering if the rumors were true."

"What rumors?"

"Are you really pregnant by Marco?" The other girl asked me.

"Yes. But I don't think it's any of your business."

"We were just wondering."

"Well, move along."

The girls left and we all looked at each other. They're the first to come up to me and ask that.

"They have nerve." Kassia said.

"How can they just ask you like that?" Hannah asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know and I don't care. People can talk about me all they want. I'm not ashamed."

"Good for you." Spencer said.

"We should hang out today. Get all of us together. Us, Scott, Jacob, and Justin." Kassia suggested.

"Actually, Justin and I are hanging out tonight." I told them.

"A date?"

"No, but..."

"Then we'll all come."

"Uh... okay. He shouldn't mind. We're all friends after all."

After school, I went home to do homework and call Justin. We never set a time and I have to tell him our friends our coming. I called Justin before I started my homework.

"Hey Bailey." He answered.

"Hi Justin. We never set a time."

"Right.... Is 6:00 okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine. I'll call the others and tell them."

"The others? Everyone is coming?"

"Yeah. Is that okay?" Maybe he didn't want the others to come. But why would he just want it to be us?

"Yeah, yeah, that's fine. It should be fun. We'll all meet at the ice skating rink."

"Okay. See you at 6:00." I ended the call and put my phone in my pocket. I wish I knew how to ice skate.

I did my homework and was finished by 4:00. I put my books away and went downstairs. My mom was reading a book at the kitchen table and my dad was leaving out the door.

"Hey dad. Where are you going?"

"Emergency at the office. I won't be long. I should be back for dinner."

"Okay. I might not be. I don't know yet. I'm going out with friends."

"Alright, have fun."

I was feeling hungry so I went into the kitchen and made a sandwich. I finished and went to sit at the kitchen table.