Chapter 36~

Mentions of blood and death.

~*~

~*~

The closer we got to Lyon, the more anxious Clara seemed to get. She was playing with her pistol, like if she didn't check for any malfunction every ten seconds, she would die. Luckily, I wasn't driving, so I was able to put her hand into mine.

"Calm down, princess." She sighed deeply and furrowed her brows, her bottom lip sunk into a pout.

"I'm sorry. I just-." I cut her off.

"I know." I pulled her body closer to mine and she leaned into my chest, looking up at me with that look on her face that just made me want to kiss her. So I did.

She hummed against my lips and I felt the tension ease away from her muscles. This may be the last time I get to feel these lips... No! No. We won't think like that. She will be fine, and so will I.

I pulled away from her, and the look in her eyes made me realize that I needed to be fine. I needed to survive, for her, and myself.

The guards announced our arrival, and I felt Clara stiffen once again against me. I sighed, and I rubbed her shoulders to announce that I was here for her, and I wasn't planning on going anywhere anytime soon.

"Kill that son of a bitch." Clara's voice was so harsh and evil... I can only imagine who she let out.

"Ezra..." I spoke softly and she just glared at me before getting out of the car. I exhaled sharply as I also got out of the car. Today is going to be lovely.

As we both got out of the car, everyone was lined up, and it seemed Fisher was giving us a final run through of what was going to go down today.

"Remember the plan. Clara and Kylo, you two are going to work on getting to the big bird. I'll be right behind you. Everyone else! You know what your job is, don't fuck up, and please... don't die." Fisher winced at his last words, and I furrowed my brows. This fucker is going down today, no matter what.

Cla- Ezra, seemed to be in her own mind. If I knew better, she was making up her own plan, which in turn could be very bad for us, or it could go amazingly well and we would have that son of a bitch dead in the next three hours.

I know. It's a very long process to kill the head of the fucking assassins. Probably why no one has attempted it before us, but we do like to be trend setters.

Ezra walked away after the speech, and I quickly caught up with her. I tapped her on the shoulder, and she turned her head to glare at me.